possible weight for a C4

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 12:56 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
i have an update here:
Got my car back from the workshop (were the unibal conversion was installed). Some additional mods are done in between (GT3 starter-motor, LIFEPO4 battery, and other - smaller stuff). With 1/4 fuel, the car weights 1230kg at the corner balancing scales.... still with steel bonnet/hood.

Quite impressive numbers for me. Next step is carbon rear bonnet (already in my garage) and - perhaps - carbon hood...
Anyone chance you could post some pictures and details of your carbon engine cover. I've been looking for one for an age and can't find anything anywhere! The engine lid, bonnet and a lw battery should see my car finished and at 1200kg
Old 03-27-2017, 04:45 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

all parts, except the part under the gearbox/engine are part of marcus portfolio (http://www.kunststofftechnik-buehler.de/). Perhaps you`ve to ask for some of the parts....
Old 05-14-2017, 05:44 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

and the next weight-loss is already triggered.

Yesterday, i was at buehler-kunststofftechnik and Marcus bespoked one of his gorgeous front hoods for my car. That`s the first -10kg.

Then, i got an carbon engine deck-lid from a friend that was a little bit cutted for using at a race-car applicaton. Marcus will repair this and that´s the next -4kg...

After the paintshop and fittment, i should see something like 1215kg on the scales :-)

Marcus discouraged me, to fit carbon doors. With that, i have just a "solution" for the sunroof "problem" open... I`ve to see, how to handle the sunroof during the next month/years...

Next step could be an electrical steering pump....

regards
Old 05-26-2017, 06:59 AM
stimpy32
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work with the weight reduction.

My mate has done a leccy steering conversion (tdiquattro) and that pulls a lot of crap out the car. Ditch your lightweight heavy cup 1s and you can save another 4kg... hehe...
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by stimpy32
Great work with the weight reduction.

My mate has done a leccy steering conversion (tdiquattro) and that pulls a lot of crap out the car. Ditch your lightweight heavy cup 1s and you can save another 4kg... hehe...
yep.
i know, i anybody would offer a lightweight wheel with the weight of the fuchs wheel with a "better" design (i do not like this wheel on 964s, two of my buddies have this wheel on their cars...), i would save round about 10 - 14kg...

MM Cup1 are quite heavy!

Regarding the steering are some thoughts ongoing... one option would be a manual conversion, another option an electrical pump conversion...
Old 05-27-2017, 02:23 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

according to a few people here electric pump is the way to go, not saving a lot but move weight forward and a cleaner engine bay,
have my Mercs one a side ready
the wheels are great mod Allegeritas 8kg fronts and 8.5 rears, saved me around 16 kg, not bad for suspended weight too
Old 05-27-2017, 07:05 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

the wheels are great mod Allegeritas 8kg fronts and 8.5 rears, saved me around 16 kg, not bad for suspended weight too
in 17-inch? I will stay at 17. Both of my cars had 18 and drove quite bad, compared to 17 inch wheels...
Old 05-28-2017, 06:13 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

yes 18"
what pressure did you put
I put 30 front 34 back may go to 32 back ,
2 front 2.2 rear
Old 05-28-2017, 07:03 PM
Captain Ahab Jr.
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not do a sun roof delete with a DP motorsport carbon roof panel while you have your other carbon parts painted.

MM Cup 1 wheels are very heavy, I used Fikse forged split rim wheels, saved a ton of weight, so much that my next mod will be power steering delete.

This should get you down to 1190ish kgs

PS I drove past Frankfurt yesterday morning, didn't see your car so must have been washing it
Old 05-29-2017, 03:02 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kos11-12
yes 18"
what pressure did you put
I put 30 front 34 back may go to 32 back ,
2 front 2.2 rear
At the track with the cup2 2.0/2.2 hot. Street with the cup2 1.8/2.1 cold. Street with PS2 2.1/2.4 cold
Old 05-29-2017, 03:05 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Captain Ahab Jr.
Why not do a sun roof delete with a DP motorsport carbon roof panel while you have your other carbon parts painted.

MM Cup 1 wheels are very heavy, I used Fikse forged split rim wheels, saved a ton of weight, so much that my next mod will be power steering delete.

This should get you down to 1190ish kgs
design does matter for me. Cup1 rules. Alternative could be a BBS motorsport wheel in 17-inch... let`s see what`s happen next...

Sunroof: my plan is to convert it to non - sunroof with steel... perhaps, i`ll use a sunroof pattern/inlay as intermediate solution.... I am not such motivated for a paintjob for the full car...

Next will be powersteering/delete or electrical conversion... after that, perhaps CF-doors, together with a full cage...

Last edited by koenig_roland; 05-29-2017 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:19 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

PS I drove past Frankfurt yesterday morning, didn't see your car so must have been washing it
ha, yesterday morning, i came back from the 24H race @NOS and drove a cool down lap with the blue car here in FFM. The car is still as dirty as it was was, when i came back from RBR at the end of april, but, the convertible was cleaned last weekend :-)
Old 12-03-2017, 04:53 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

hi Guys,
another update here.

I am in the process of performing my winter-jobs. I did a de-servo job with my steering rack. So i can remove the power-steering pump. I have used elefant bump-steer tie rods... well, over all that`s another ~8kg decreasement of weight.
I also remove the front bumper beam. I will create a "cup tow hook" remove the ~5kg of the front bumper beam.
Next job is (was) a couple of carbon bits from buehler-carbon front-/rear. Another minus ~14kg.
As a last improvement for this winter, i bought a set of carrera 18` 5 spoke wheels. Compared to my MM Cup1 replicas, that an advantage of round about 10kg...

All together, i should decrease the weight of my car with another ~35kg.

With low fluel, i should have reached the 110x kg area with this.. Not bad for an C4 i guess...

thilo
Old 12-03-2017, 12:48 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Hi Thilo,
Great job ! would you put it on a scale soon ?

Me recently delete the sun roof, rs carpets, some sound proof removed, center console delete, radio & speakers, and all the knee pad glove box trimming and fitted DP rear windows €€
I will redo the geometry soon and accurately weigh it, I hope to see around 1270 KG from my C4...
I still have to do the electric pump and fibre glass engine cooling panels and delete the exhaust heat panels around the engine (should be done soon with the valve clearance ) and I guess that's another 8 kg from the rear .
Old 12-03-2017, 02:22 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
hi Guys,
another update here.

I am in the process of performing my winter-jobs. I did a de-servo job with my steering rack. So i can remove the power-steering pump. I have used elefant bump-steer tie rods... well, over all that`s another ~8kg decreasement of weight.
I also remove the front bumper beam. I will create a "cup tow hook" remove the ~5kg of the front bumper beam.
Next job is (was) a couple of carbon bits from buehler-carbon front-/rear. Another minus ~14kg.
As a last improvement for this winter, i bought a set of carrera 18` 5 spoke wheels. Compared to my MM Cup1 replicas, that an advantage of round about 10kg...

All together, i should decrease the weight of my car with another ~35kg.

With low fluel, i should have reached the 110x kg area with this.. Not bad for an C4 i guess...

thilo
one correction necesary:
With low fluel, i should have reached the 119xkg area with this.. Not bad for an C4 i guess...

Quick Reply: possible weight for a C4