Sponsored by:

964 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Prbc4
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 suspension

I have an 89 C4 which I took to Ruf in NJ back in 95. They put a their lowering kit on it dropping it about 2" at most. My question is now that I am revamping my car can I get it a lot lower? I have seen 964s where the wheels are practically buried in the fenders, are these air bags?? H&R adj. coil overs only claim 2" drop. And KW the same. Any ideas. I will post some pics of the much lowered cars. Thanks for any help!!
Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Prbc4
Rennlist Member

Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 PM
lateforlunch
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

H&R Deep available from rotiform.com here in the US. they are specially built boutique coilovers designed to do what they do well. I've been on them for over 2 years and love them.

in before the ensuing argument
Old 11-04-2014, 09:34 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Prbc4
I have an 89 C4 which I took to Ruf in NJ back in 95. They put a their lowering kit on it dropping it about 2" at most. My question is now that I am revamping my car can I get it a lot lower? I have seen 964s where the wheels are practically buried in the fenders, are these air bags?? H&R adj. coil overs only claim 2" drop. And KW the same. Any ideas. I will post some pics of the much lowered cars. Thanks for any help!!
I am assuming the shop in Montclair which is no longer there. I live a stones throw away and I can tell you lowering the car that low will result in nothing but problems around here.

Your call of course if you want a great ride or great look there is always a compromise.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Prbc4
Rennlist Member

Default Website

Originally Posted by lateforlunch
H&R Deep available from rotiform.com here in the US. they are specially built boutique coilovers designed to do what they do well. I've been on them for over 2 years and love them.

in before the ensuing argument
Thanks ,that is a pretty sick shop , are yours on a 964 ? How easy do they adjust???
Old 11-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Prbc4
Rennlist Member

Default Ruf

Originally Posted by cobalt
I am assuming the shop in Montclair which is no longer there. I live a stones throw away and I can tell you lowering the car that low will result in nothing but problems around here.

Your call of course if you want a great ride or great look there is always a compromise.

Well that shop was very cool. And a lady named Stefania (can't forget that name) ran it. I Got a couple odds and ends up there and use to love visiting the garage filled with sick turbos. Got the old Ruf at the green hell VHS tape there....priceless vid!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:58 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Prbc4
Well that shop was very cool. And a lady named Stefania (can't forget that name) ran it. I Got a couple odds and ends up there and use to love visiting the garage filled with sick turbos. Got the old Ruf at the green hell VHS tape there....priceless vid!
Stefania is a good friend of mine. Wonderful lady with Porsche knowledge and experiences that will shame the best here. It was the original candy store for sure. Need a copy of that? I have a VHS to DVD recorder. Lots of vintage Lime rock tapes I recorded to DVD from the 80's very cool and different times when a 930 was the rocket ship and the 951 was a jewel.

Good luck with your quest just don't go too low if you plan on driving around here. I had to raise all my cars after trying the RS approach.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Prbc4
Rennlist Member

Default Ruf

[QUOTE=cobalt;11781643]Stefania is a good friend of mine. Wonderful lady with Porsche knowledge and experiences that will shame the best here. It was the original candy store for sure. Need a copy of that? I have a VHS to DVD recorder. Lots of vintage Lime rock tapes I recorded to DVD from the 80's very cool and different times when a 930 was the rocket ship and the 951 was a jewel.

Good luck with your quest just don't go too low if you plan on driving around here. I had to raise all my cars after trying the RS approach.[/QUOTE
Down here in South Jersey the roads are perfect. Hahaha. I have a lot of that stuff on my computer thanks for the offer..my son almost went to Montclair for college. But held out one more year..

Quick Reply: 964 suspension