Sponsored by:

Yet a newbie with a question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 02:37 PM
968norway
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet a newbie with a question

Hi, just bought a '90 C4, and have an issue. First, yes, the name says 968, I had one for almost 9 years and have been on the forum, finally moved up. The car has not been driven much the last few years and when go in a turn a bit 'spirited', it seems like the drivetrain tries to lock-up. There are no warning lights and it doesn't persist. I am thinking it might be the lateral acceleration sensor, I will try to clean it up this weekend. Just for info, the car has 182,000 km, motor overhauled at 171,000 km, they put in a fvd chip and a sport exhaust. The car is quite impressive, what a hoot!
Cheers,
Tore
Old 09-12-2014, 03:04 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

Can you describe the "lock-up"? Is it the understeer that you feel then you engage the pdas switch? Does it occur over 30kph?

This might help you to understand how the system works-
http://www.adrianstreather.com/docs/...overviewR2.pdf
Old 09-12-2014, 03:25 PM
968norway
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, today, I was going about 100 kph into a right-hand turn and as I put on a bit of power, the car stuttered quite a bit, it felt like the right rear was holding, backing off made it stop. The other day, after a sharp left turn, there was a noticeable clunk and the car bucked quite a bit, easing off the throttle helped and it stopped. It seemed like the diffs had locked up. I am thinking the age and lack of use could be a cause. I am still trying to understand the car's systems. Otherwise the car is very good. A real hoot!

Quick Reply: Yet a newbie with a question