Headlight Adjustment switch

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Tinwan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Adjustment switch

Hi all,
The multi position headllight level adjustment switch is next to the rotary headlight switch. This devise was working well up till quite recently. Is there a quick fix for this ?

I have the Euro H4 headlight system & Like a lot of you , I like all the cars equipment to work even though I don't always use these options everyday. Any help much appreciated.
Mark
Tinwan-Hong Kong
Old 08-11-2003, 08:44 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
Already answered you on Smartgroups but just for info will post the reply here as well :

It's vaccuum based. Feel behind the switch and you will feel two rubber pipes. One comes from the engine (goes down, under the carpet in the drivers footwell). What I did when mine failed - disconnect the pipes, run the engine and see if you feel a vaccuum on one of the pipes (with engine running). If you do - the leak is probably between the switch and the lights. If you don't - go round to the engine bay. On top of the throttle assembly is a kind of triangle shape of rubber tubes (basically, the pipes join at the centre so look like this) :

....|
....|
.../.\
../....\

One of these is the pipe to the headlight adjuster - make sure it's connected OK. If it is, you need to find the leak. Mine was under the driver carpet - and wasn't a leak. In fact, the pipe was crushed. I cut it and re-joined it.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Richard H
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my pipes had popped off at the headlight. Reconnected it and all works fine. As Davd says, I think you'll just have to follow the pipes till you find the leak or restriction.
Good luck

Richard.

Quick Reply: Headlight Adjustment switch