Old 06-27-2014, 10:24 AM
tm.cz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attachment 847736
Originally Posted by George40
There's kits available
http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/96...Foglights.html
Plus I remember seeing a thread with detailed pictures of a Rennlister that fitted them...
I just picked up a used fvd kit with the fog lamps, but it is not complete, missing the pieces circled in red. I was wondering is anyone would have a scan of the orginal installation instructions from fdv that they would share. I need to see whats possible in terms of using what I have or trying to get the missing parts. Thanks
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:37 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

All these do is move the air into the wheel well and then rely on the curve directional plate to get air to the brakes. It is an expensive "kind of solution" that does not duct the air directly to the disk as "CHIEFby" direct air duct did. The air duct in front is very small reducing the amount of air coming in - and you need a lot - You still need to remove the brake shield or you are not accomplishing anything.
Fabrication of a direct hose link directing the air onto the center of the disk ( i.e. Chiefby ) is the best solution. To do this the routing of the hose and the requirement to flatten the hose at the maximum turn in point in the front wheel arch on each side is critical. For my money a special flat hose fitting that can be used in this area needs to be designed and produced as you only have about 2.5 cm or less of clearance - if that much. The kit does look cool -

Quick Reply: Brake Ducting Options?