Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Coil Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 02:09 AM
sc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you got it sorted out! It's amazing how much people here are always looking to help out as much as possible no matter if you're a novice or a seasoned mech. Makes me even more proud to own this sometimes temperamental but wonderful car!

Cheers to all!
Old 05-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Feudal Serf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tmistry
Finally solved the problem! Thanks Feudal Serf for the assistance. It really helped. I pulled the Cat and inspected the plugs and sure enough, one wasn't properly seated. Such a simple issue and I ended up replacing coils, ICMs, distributor caps and rotors. The great news is that the car runs smooth as silk. Solid and even idle on either coil. I took a nice 60 mile drive that ranged from backroad curves to motor way at high* speeds and the car just sang. Thanks to all that helped with this! I'm really a total amateur mechanic and it's great to have the help of other members. Best, Tim
Awesome!!!
Amazing that your problem was identical to mine.

Now, put on that superman T shirt and those aviator sunglasses and give her a good spankin'

FS
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Ha! It's a beautiful day here in SE MI so a good drive is in order for sure! Also, I slept in my SuperMan tee, so that'll be easy.

Happy Mother's Day to all it applies to. I've my work cut out for me today.

Sincerest gratitude to you guys! If anyone finds themselves in my neck of the woods, I'll gladly buy you a Black and Tan or two!

Quick Reply: Ignition Coil Replacement