Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by boxsey911
Does that mean the Recaro press release is a lie?
You may think that Steve. I couldn't possibly comment
Old 01-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Have you guys looked into retrimming in the UK? I would be interested in a single seat for a 993...
Old 01-17-2015, 09:33 AM
mdsarch
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 66 Posts

Regarding the Corbeau club sport dimensions, has anyone checked the height of the shoulder straps as compared to Pole Positions? The reason I ask is when I did a trial fit in a PP, my shoulders were 2 inches above the slots which is a bummer, of course. I am 6' for reference. This looks like an interesting alternate.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've recently installed these in my 993 from Border Motorsports. Very happy with them. Not FIA approved but they do offer FIA ones. http://www.border.com.tw

There's a more detailed post here about them https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...l#post11917776
Attached Images     
Old 01-17-2015, 04:43 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
I've recently installed these in my 993 from Border Motorsports. Very happy with them. Not FIA approved but they do offer FIA ones. http://www.border.com.tw There's a more detailed post here about them https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...l#post11917776
They look awesome, quick question? Can you still love use the rear seats. If there was a tilt and slide bracket I will order tomorrow. The kids love the 964 and to remove access would put me in trouble.
Old 01-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by davidwilson11
They look awesome, quick question? Can you still love use the rear seats. If there was a tilt and slide bracket I will order tomorrow. The kids love the 964 and to remove access would put me in trouble.
Short answer is yes. However there is divided opinion over the safety aspect of accessibility for anyone in the rear with fixed seats. My 7 & 9 year old can get in and out however we have multiple vehicles and due to them growing I cannot see us travelling as a family in the 993 much longer. I guess its a call the individual has to make themselves.

There is a tilt bracket from Sparco http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/images...lt-forward.jpg however with the seats being reasonably close to the roof I doubt it would allow much more access if at all. This would be similar to the seat arrangement in an CSL BMW.
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2015, 04:45 AM
Coop
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

What a set up Kiwi Carguy! I could use a referral for a re-trimmer overseas as I would like it to somewhat match my tan interior before install. Here in Toronto, we don't have many top quality re-trimmers. By the way, is there an English link for Border? Thank you for sharing the pictures!!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:35 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jpar
Nice work Laurent, when you do talk to him again, if the shipping is outrageous, see if you can get dimensions and weights of the boxes. When I spoke to Gareth, he told me it would be delivered to my door inclusive of any duties and such but I will confirm again. I might have another shipping option for us. thanks again
I received a quote from Felix in customer service, it would be £200 for shipping + £250 for a pair of ClubSport = £450 delivered to MN (~$682/pair). Gareth had mentioned that his quote would be inclusive of any duty fees, but I will confirm. Pricing is enticing enough compared to any other options that I will most likely go for it.

Let me know if you have better shipping options... The package will be roughly 120 x 65 x 60 CM weighing 25 KG according to Felix.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:44 PM
davidwilson11
Racer

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Short answer is yes. However there is divided opinion over the safety aspect of accessibility for anyone in the rear with fixed seats. My 7 & 9 year old can get in and out however we have multiple vehicles and due to them growing I cannot see us travelling as a family in the 993 much longer. I guess its a call the individual has to make themselves.

There is a tilt bracket from Sparco http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/images...lt-forward.jpg however with the seats being reasonably close to the roof I doubt it would allow much more access if at all. This would be similar to the seat arrangement in an CSL BMW.
Thanks for replying, that was my worry about the hardback seats. Hard if an accident happens. They look stunning in all honesty. Again thanks for all the info, much joy in using them.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:09 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPMM
I received a quote from Felix in customer service, it would be £200 for shipping + £250 for a pair of ClubSport = £450 delivered to MN (~$682/pair). Gareth had mentioned that his quote would be inclusive of any duty fees, but I will confirm. Pricing is enticing enough compared to any other options that I will most likely go for it.

Let me know if you have better shipping options... The package will be roughly 120 x 65 x 60 CM weighing 25 KG according to Felix.
PM sent
Old 01-19-2015, 10:34 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my update this morning....

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our normal courier firm are way too expensive for a shipment like this and I am waiting for an alternate quote to arrive from another courier that specializes in shipments to the Far East, Asia & Australasia.

Our usual firm (TNT) are quoting £515.97 for airfreight on a 10 day service.

As soon as I hear back with the secondary quotation I will be in touch.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:45 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Some pics I found on another forum with installed pics on the following page, they definitely look the part.
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...2#post-2286519
Old 01-20-2015, 11:42 PM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If you do a group buy, I'm in!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:48 PM
breljohn
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anybody know the weight of the seats by any chance?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hepkat63
my update this morning....

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Our normal courier firm are way too expensive for a shipment like this and I am waiting for an alternate quote to arrive from another courier that specializes in shipments to the Far East, Asia & Australasia.

Our usual firm (TNT) are quoting £515.97 for airfreight on a 10 day service.

As soon as I hear back with the secondary quotation I will be in touch.
Whoa! I got quoted +/- £90 for shipping to NZ for 2 Pole Positions. I'm wondering if for that price they would have been direct shipped from somewhere closer than the UK

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?