Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 AM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROCS Auto Inc
Any Corbeau seat available in the UK can be ordered through us in the States. 2014 introduced a lot of cool new designs too !

Best
Rich
What's retail on these here in the states?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:35 AM
ROCS Auto Inc
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an email into HQ for current pricing on the UK-catalog models and will post once I get a reply, I am off to the race track today and will return on Monday. Anyone serious about this seat or anything else can also email me directly at info@rocsauto.com. Meanwhile, these are the latest USA releases: http://www.corbeau.com/products/new/

Best
Rich
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 AM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
And they're now about £200 more than what Amazon were selling them at a couple of weeks ago! I'd have ordered a pair too if I didn't need to use the rear seats each morning!
I too would like some better seats, but retain the rear access. Take a look at the Recaro CS.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, I love the Recaro CS, but they're $$!! I'm also considering some 996 hardback sport seats too since they're not to expensive and can be fitted without too much hassle.

I just need to decide if I want to keep my interior in Cashmere, or change it to black or dark grey first!!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Lemass Automotive
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a customer of mine is selling some recaro CS brand new for £1900

and yes i bought a pair for £360!!! cloth as im getting them retrimmed in rubystone style
Old 04-03-2014, 11:44 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Yes, I love the Recaro CS, but they're $$!! I'm also considering some 996 hardback sport seats too since they're not to expensive and can be fitted without too much hassle.

I just need to decide if I want to keep my interior in Cashmere, or change it to black or dark grey first!!
Ultimately, I went for OEM seats but I almost pulled the trigger on some Recaro Sporster CS, they are fantastic seats. If you don't mind the price tag, try out a set.

I know everyone has a different opinion, but I do not find the 996 sport seats comfortable at all. For OEM I much prefer the 997 seats, relatively inexpensive, good looking, and an easy swap. Something else to consider. Just my $0.02.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,163 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Originally Posted by freedman
Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?
Clicks on link....

Not FIA approved
No thank you.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Clicks on link.... No thank you.
So what, why must they be FIA approved?
Old 04-04-2014, 02:27 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

leather PP are not FIA rated either, the Leather covers aren't fire resistive construction...
Old 04-04-2014, 04:51 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Clicks on link....

No thank you.
Unless you are reliant on FIA approval for race eligibility, what does it matter?

These arent some chinese knock offs where you may worry about the inherent safty of the product

I'm sure they could get them FIA approved, but then they wouldnt be £300.00 a pair
Old 04-04-2014, 04:58 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:38 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think rather than FIA, TUV is what I'd be looking for (or something similar), where the seats have been properly crash tested, and I'm sure that these would have been.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

The Recaros are great, strong and for me nice fitting. With the exception of the colors are the same as used in the RS, they look right. I trust the crash worthyness of them. I think most mfgr including corbeu are good but you need to read the intended use; some of the bottom of the line seats by MOMO for instance are tube/sling construction rather than a shell, and some of the Chinese stuff is molded plastic with CF stickers wrapped around it. Top of the line Recaro and OMP racing seats still wear badly unless you have the wear patches in place, to me only the leather/alcantra holds up for street use...the wings and bolsters are tight and high they get rubbed on.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 AM
freedman
Three Wheelin'

I have just spoken to Corbeau, very nice to deal with on the phone, and very helpful

Apparently they have only added these seats to their main catalogue this week, which is why they havent uploaded dimensions etc

Made to the same standards as their FIA race seast but without the certification, and packaged with mounts and sliders for ease of installation. Aiming for the trackday market

I dont think many of their dealers have them yet so the only place to see them is at Corbeau themselves. Only open Monday to Friday though which is a pain, or I would have checked them out tomorrow
Old 04-04-2014, 10:08 AM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you know the great thing about those Gary once fitted and settled

You can chop and change with you standard seats in about 15 mins for those times when you dont need to use them

I chuck my PPs in the 993 ,Just to see ! it turned it in to a proper TD toy instantly

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?