D Zug head lights fitted

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 04:08 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
Hi Stuart,

You have been busy! What with the seats and now headlights, nice work! Are you bulding your own Singer style?

Cheers,
Paul
Hi Paul, did see this post above.

I go to Essen for business and pleasure. When I saw the options available from a number of suppliers, I didn't want to keep what's available from my fellow 964 owners and there is some very nice bits and pieces available.

On all the Singer style parts inc the head lights I'm trying to get to company that makes them to do a deal for me so I can offer to other owners these options at resonable prices, but they are a bit slow with information.

I plan to make my car more RS than anything else, but as you know, I stalled a bit on it in the last few months.
I hope to have her on the road for the classic Lemans at the beginning of July.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:18 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
On all the Singer style parts inc the head lights I'm trying to get to company that makes them to do a deal for me so I can offer to other owners these options at resonable prices, but they are a bit slow with information.
Looks like Siegfried is ready to sell the lights. He posted on Pelican but did not include much information and no price either.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Brideyo
Racer

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Hi Paul, did see this post above.

I go to Essen for business and pleasure. When I saw the options available from a number of suppliers, I didn't want to keep what's available from my fellow 964 owners and there is some very nice bits and pieces available.

I plan to make my car more RS than anything else, but as you know, I stalled a bit on it in the last few months.
I hope to have her on the road for the classic Lemans at the beginning of July.

Hi any links to these lights pls ? Tks
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to step on anybodies feet in this thread, but it's in the works for me to become the US distributor for the LED and HID headlights. These are the ones that Singer uses. They're not cheap though, but I don't have the exact prices yet.
The glass lens and the light itself has Hella on them.
Stay tuned

-Jason
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:27 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ youre gonna have a bunch of very interested individuals on your hands.. i'm in for info and pricing.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:32 PM
jbigelow
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
^^ youre gonna have a bunch of very interested individuals on your hands.. i'm in for info and pricing.
I am in too.....

Please put me down as interested and let us know
Old 06-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

With what the Dollar is worth compared to the Euro the LED's are going to be around $2500.00........I think.... I'm still working everything out.
I'll start a new thread when I get all the details worked out.

I can't wait as I want a pair for my 930.

-Jason
Old 06-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
... These are the ones that Singer uses. They're not cheap though, but I don't have the exact prices yet.
Stay tuned

-Jason
Are these the same manufacturer as the Stinger headlights or similar as they are using a Hella projector? I ask because the singer lights are gorgeous and I have been dreaming of them for some time. The lights you picture don't appear to have the same chrome reflector or the same tight tolerances as the Singer unit...but it could be the picture.
http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

Are these all one piece also?
Old 06-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
... These are the ones that Singer uses. They're not cheap though, but I don't have the exact prices yet.
Stay tuned

-Jason
Are these the same manufacturer as the Stinger headlights or similar as they are using a Hella projector? I ask because the singer lights are gorgeous and I have been dreaming of them for some time. The lights you picture don't appear to have the same chrome reflector or the same tight tolerances as the Singer unit...but it could be the picture.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nylasurf
http://media.caranddriver.com/images...s-1280x782.jpg

Are these all one piece also?
I was told they're the same manufacture, but I see what you mean about the tolerances in the picture. It does have the same chrome reflector though. These are made in Europe so I'm waiting to hear back from the manufacture due to the time zone and coming up on the weekend.
I agree the Singer lights are the best ones I have seen that don't look homemade. These use a Hella lens and projector.

Maybe I should start a new thread, but I'll wait till I have more info and better yet some prices and pics!

-Jason
Old 06-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Nylasurf
Racer

Sorry for the double post...my iPad typing lacks skill. Either way those lights are awesome and I am def. interested...I will look out for the thread when you work out the details
Old 06-24-2014, 11:42 AM
PhatPhlatSix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LPMM
Looks like Siegfried is ready to sell the lights. He posted on Pelican but did not include much information and no price either.
Has anyone gone for these lights? I sent them an email and the quote is approx 1600 euro + VAT + shipping. For that amount of wedge I wanted some more info on performance and warranty. Their answer is 'better than Xenons' and '24 months'. It's tempting, but I have not been around that long, so don't know who Siegfried is. Anybody have any recommendations or assurances?
Old 06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatPhlatSix
Has anyone gone for these lights? I sent them an email and the quote is approx 1600 euro + VAT + shipping. For that amount of wedge I wanted some more info on performance and warranty. Their answer is 'better than Xenons' and '24 months'. It's tempting, but I have not been around that long, so don't know who Siegfried is. Anybody have any recommendations or assurances?
From what I have read, Siegfried & Anna Thom have made some real quality parts in the past, but they are not very good at promoting their products. The price for the LED headlights range from €1,685.00+VAT to €1,729.00+VAT depending on configuration and although they look nice, I agree that more information is needed for the price.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Laurent,

I've tried several times to contact Siegfried on these and some of the other items they produce and getting a response with answers to my questions is like getting blood out of a stone.
I had considered being a distributor for their products, but the poor communication has made me question that idea.

They do various versions of this head light from halogen through to LED being the most expensive.
I think they must be double the price of the DZug units, but quality is superior no doubt.

I haven't chased Siegfried since my last email to him in May, if I get time I'll send a follow up email this week.

Originally Posted by LPMM
From what I have read, Siegfried & Anna Thom have made some real quality parts in the past, but they are not very good at promoting their products. The price for the LED headlights range from €1,685.00+VAT to €1,729.00+VAT depending on configuration and although they look nice, I agree that more information is needed for the price.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:25 PM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

I have been in contact with them to sell in the US. I was going to start a separate thread with more pics, misc info and pricing and to see how many pre-orders there will be before I order. Their product looks super high quality. The outside glass lens has Hella on it and so does the projector itself.
It's definitely not cheap at all, but you're getting a high quality part.

-Jason

Quick Reply: D Zug head lights fitted