Sponsored by:

think your o2 sensor is good?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 AM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default think your o2 sensor is good?

I had my car for many years and replaced parts here and there . while looking at the live data from the o2 sensor it seem to be working, varying from high 30's to 60's so i thought nothing of it. I always felt like something was not right but never could put my finger on it. well i ordered a new one from sunset and installed . and started the car and checked the readings again and it oscillated from 04 to the high 80 . i live in a valley so i know what it feels like when climbing the hill when i go for a drive and i finally got the car running correct, not the slight hesitation i had assumed that was because it was cold theory. what i noticed to was with the ocasional red line shifts on the back roads the temps seem to be more stable as before i could see them rising. so mileage is one thing but i think time played its part too. i don't know what o2 sensors do as they age but for me i think mine had my car running on the lean side . i remember before coming home from a spirited drive the car would have that tink tink noise from heat, but now a few tinks and much cooler, if that makes sense.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Grazie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no reason to think mine is bad...expect for your post :-). Now I'm wondering. How are you getting the data from the o2 sensor - via scantool? (Tried a few searches on bad o2 sensor and test o2 sensor with no luck).

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:44 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reading

I used a bosch kts 300. my car is running great. I'm not saying yours or anyone is bad, but if not operating 100 percent will affect power. I could kick myself in the butt for not replacing this a long time ago. I have low mileage so I assumed mine was good, boy was I wrong. I bought it from the dealer too just to be safe.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:26 AM
Grazie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right...given the price of these scantool I might sooner just proactively replace the O2 sensor :-). Would love to pick one up some day...have so far justified other investments for the 964 instead.

Quick Reply: think your o2 sensor is good?