Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nurburgring Trip

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:00 AM
BillyB
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

It took my 964 to the Ring as part of a Ring/Spa trip. I am a track novice and the Ring was both foggy and raining. The good news was that this meant it was pretty quiet. The bad news was that I was extremely tentative as a result. That combined with the regular crashes and recoveries mean that I won't be rushing back.

Spa on the other hand...
Old 02-20-2014, 07:02 PM
evanscott964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the trouble with the Ring is you can never learn it the first few visits which means you can never relax and therefore not worry about what's going on around you!
But once you've been a few times and you start to learn it and then flow through it, it becomes one of the most rewarding drives ever that you'll always be learning each visit.
I have been going now for 9 years and last year was the only incident I have ever had!
But that said and done Spa is an awesome circuit!!
Simon.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:17 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

I`d my first track-day at the ring (my first track-day at all) last summer.
I know the circut from two bicyle-24h-races, one half-marathon and countless visits as spectator.

The td was cool, yes. But i was so afraid of crashing the car... i don`t know if i`ve ever come back. We had some hard accidents on this day and the td was stoped because of a massive fuel-loss on bmw m3.

Conclusion of the day were eleven laps, no damage on my car and a lot of fun... yes. Massive fun and a lot adrenaline...

I`m searching for a track, that is so "cool" like NOS but not that dangerous :-)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:27 AM
evanscott964
Instructor

Well like people have said on here that circuit is Spa it has all the undulations & corners of Nordschleife but without the risk.
If people would realise they are never going to learn it in one go and slow down it would make it a lot safer for everyone!!
Simon
Old 02-21-2014, 06:35 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

@simon
the picture from karussell:
the back of your car seems to be quite "soft" and it compresses a lot. What suspension does it have? Is that a but or a feature? :-)
Old 02-21-2014, 06:48 AM
evanscott964
Instructor

The car is running on H&R cup suspension which I have found to be fantastic for both track and road use. It is very compressed in the shot which is probably due to the fact the suspension is 9 years old and probably a bit worn, it has now been changed for that reason! Also as you'll know the Karousel is very bumpy and the shot could be taken on one of the bumps i.e. full compression.
Simon.

Quick Reply: Nurburgring Trip