Sponsored by:

The sorting continues..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default The sorting continues..

My spoiler came off of my donor. When I installed it in new freshly painted deckled, I plugged it into donor car and it closed fine. I think it opened and closed fine. Now it is in my new car and it is not moving. With having a engine fire I suspect the wires shorted and blew relay, similar to my CCU issue that when replaced motor ran perfect. So, now i swap the spoiler control relay, and instantly I heard the spoiler move. It does nothing with the switch on console, but every time i turn key on and off it moves a little. Anybody have a idea? I think there is only one relay/contol module in the 91, the only control unit or relay is the one above passenger feet?
I am thinking it is not micro switches as it worked fine in donor car. Too late to do that check in other car as I really don't want to take off deck lid, I also have stripped out the switch now etc or mess around throwing power to the plug and risk frying anything.
Anybody else have this issue before? Not finding my symptoms on search.
Thanks for your patience with all my posts.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:51 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check continuity at each end of the spoiler wiring?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:05 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

It gets power cause when I push on one micro switch it tries closing. I may have installed this thing wrong. I noticed the tab on the closing arm is not near the micro switch..also noticed my speeds has no background lights working and same deal when swapped out with my old speedo .

Update: moved spoiler to other car and reconnected a couple things. Works fine aside form me reversing the stop arm that hits micro switch. Very confused. Also spedo works in other old car, meaning it back lights but not in new car. Rest of gauges light up..so new targa not powering up speedo. Have not even driven it to see if it shows speed. It's plugged into tranny. Can wires be reversed? Annoying issues.

Last edited by greg1990964; 02-04-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 PM
greg1990964
Three Wheelin'

Fuse Is fine. Swapped control unit. Swapped console switch. I know it gets power cause it closes it when key was turned. Now does nothing. Stumped. Is there another control unit I am missing? Speedo matter?

Quick Reply: The sorting continues..