Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 12:17 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default NO NO NO...

...that's just MY "mis-nomenclature"!!

The "Torque Shift" transmission in my F-250 is made by who knows?? I'm fairly sure that Ford wouldn't make a specialty transmission, but I may be mistaken.

No one oversold anything to me, I just have an overactive imagination with some things.

I knew what I wanted and how much I had to spend, the F-250 was the only choice in my price range...I did want a Duramax you lucky dog you!

Overall, I think the F-250 looks "meaner/stouter" than the Duramax 2500HD, I am a Chevy fan through and through...but I just had to see what's up with this Ford craze...we'll see what happens, so far, so good.

NOW, if we could just get back to suspension talk!

fftopic:
Old 07-31-2003, 01:04 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruairidh,
If you just want to get rid of the high front stance on your car, I have a pair of front Weltmeister lowering springs you can have. They came with my car. The PO ran them & then ended up going to the H&R coilover set up. Drop me a line if you want to come by & pick them up
Old 07-31-2003, 04:26 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay

Thank you so much for the offer. I've just bought the H&R/Bilsteins but I really appreciate your offering! Now I've just got to work out where to have it fitted.

It would be good to get together again, we're now in our new house in Plano and, while I've more "honey-do" tasks than I can shake a stick at I'd like to come and see that Supercup of yours in action.

Best Wishes
Old 07-31-2003, 04:41 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruairidh,
I have a guy who does my work who is very good & reasonable. Drop me an email @ royalbcat@netscape.net if you want his number.

I had the Supercup out @ TMS this last weekend for a night event from 7 PM to midnite. My next event will be @ MSR in September for the MRPCA instructor clinic. Maybe you can come out for that.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:24 PM
carrerapep
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello gentlemen I am hoping someone can give me good advice. I have a 2003 C4S and I luv the car. I have found lately that the suspension is not as tight as before. Rather it feels a little floaty when I drive on an uneven street or while turning etc. Could this be an adjustment problem or worn parts? Thank you for your advice.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by carrerapep
Hello gentlemen I am hoping someone can give me good advice. I have a 2003 C4S and I luv the car. I have found lately that the suspension is not as tight as before. Rather it feels a little floaty when I drive on an uneven street or while turning etc. Could this be an adjustment problem or worn parts? Thank you for your advice.
Probably should have this moved or repost on the 996 board.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
rollingjack
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PC2
I'm glad that I'm not the only one! The source for the Koni is http://www.tirerack.com. I haven't talked to anyone there in regards to the fit of the Koni's. But according to their web site it fits '91 C2 except that it does not include turbo Special McPherson strut insert bolted into OE housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts. I won't know what it means until I speak to someone from tirerack.com. May be a fellow lister can chime in and clarify that statement.

Regards,
Only little update- Koni have new full adjustable front strut now. No more inserts.

New rear set:

Old 01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Duck
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are the front ones available? I have the rear on my car and was just getting ready to get the cartridge fronts. I think I would rather have these.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:10 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=rollingjack;7210546]Only little update- Koni have new full adjustable front strut now. No more inserts.

Thanks!

Have you installed these? If so, your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 AM
rollingjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by N51

Thanks!

Have you installed these? If so, your thoughts would be appreciated.
I have it, but have not installed in front. Porsche is in the garage and outside is lot of snow. I installed rears and can now turn the car-front end to rear.
Pit is too short.
Anyway are new Konis better as 17 years old original struts

Old 01-11-2010, 08:18 AM
rollingjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by Duck
Where are the front ones available? I have the rear on my car and was just getting ready to get the cartridge fronts. I think I would rather have these.
Sorry, I missed your question.

Fronts are new, Koni started to produce it in last quarter 2009.

New numbers are for front 8741-1541L sport and 8741-1541R sport- right and left are now difference.

New Koni number for rears 8241-1272sport.

Old numbers for inserts: 8641-1365Sport

and for rears: 8241-1122Sport

I hope, that your local Koni dealer can help you to get new fronts.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Default cvboot leaking

hey rollingjack, your cv boot is about to go, see it throwing grease already. looks like its spliting at the clamp......
Old 01-11-2010, 03:51 PM
rollingjack
Advanced

Originally Posted by dutchcrunch
hey rollingjack, your cv boot is about to go, see it throwing grease already. looks like its spliting at the clamp......
you are right! It was leaking after one mile competition- who can get more speed in distance in one mile. Wheel speed was to high for cv boot
But see you deformed strut?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Solitude
Racer

Watch the ride height. I had to do it twice. https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...highlight=tall

Quick Reply: Suspension Questions