Anyone use a Power Bleeder...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 09:07 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Anyone use a Power Bleeder...

Okay, I just installed my rear calipers and I'm ready to bleed the lines. I purchased a Power Bleeder to try bleeding the lines by myself. I'm having a problem with the first step: Hooking up the PB to the fluid reservoir and check for leaks. It says to pump it up to 10psi with the PB can empty. It seems like I have a leak because it won't hold any pressure. The pump and can works great when I test it alone. But it seems like the PB cap does not fit right. Anyone have this problem? Did I purchase the wrong PB for my car? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 07-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!

I use one, I use one!

Schubee, you MUST block off your overflow line from the brake fluid reservoir...sounds like that may very well be the culprit.

I LOVE my pressure bleeder, no doubts about it...just ask Horst!

You can put fluid in your bleeder if you have a "Speedi Bleeder" - my friend cleans his out when he's finished, everytime. Some people use what I hear is referred to as the "dry method"...women don't like it, and neither will your 964 if you push all the fluid out of your reservoir!

Okay, so that's a stretch and dances on the edge of displaying my dirty mind, but what the hey.

Good luck with your install, hopefully you have changed the brake bias valve to 60bar or completely bypassed it altogether??

I have a pressure bleeder that seems to be a heavy duty souped-up version of a plant sprayer by Mac Tools, had to order the screw on reservoir cap separately...have about $150 into the setup but it should last a lifetime.

It is quite a bit more rugged than the "Speedi-Bleeder" but I understand that most people don't want to invest $150 in a professional setup. I carry mine everywhere I go, in a milk crate, full of ATE Blue.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:41 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Awesome! Thanks Jeff. I'll run back out there right now and locate the bugger. This was driving me nuts! I forgot about that line...duh!

Thanks again,
Old 07-24-2003, 10:13 PM
schubee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeff,

What did you use to block the overflow line?

BTW, your "dry method" comment had me ROFLMAO!!
Old 07-24-2003, 10:54 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use surgical clamps. I've heard of others removing the tube and sticking a golf tee in the hole, but I never could get the dang tubing off.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:34 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, sorry about the "dry method" comment...it's three in the morning and I'm at work, dreadfully BORING!!

Seems as if I'm just waiting for the bad news to come...I'm a Verizon employee...if you've been watching/reading the news, it's likely I'll be on the streets in another week.

Checks, money orders and bank bonds can be sent to...

Anyway! Off the

I go for the more neanderthal method - VICE GRIPS!

I know, I know...not the most graceful tool in the 'ol tool chest, but it works.

Good luck and certainly report back to us how things went, LOVE the cage and wish I would've had someone else locally that had one in their C2 when I attempted my install. uch:

DAMN!! ...what happened to the cool "OUCH" emoticon? What kind of operation is this Rennlist?? ...

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Power Bleeder...