Found a Bosch KTS-300 (Hammer)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found a Bosch KTS-300 (Hammer)

Around 1992 I bought a brand new Bosch Hammer directly from Porsche to diagnose/service my 1991 964 Targa. When I sold that car about five or six years later, I also sold my Hammer. Well, some of you may remember that I posted a message several months ago saying I was looking to buy a Hammer because I had just become the owner of a 1992 964 Targa. Several members responded saying I had alternatives these days and did not need to pursue the rare, elusive and expensive Hammer to meet my needs. At their suggestion I purchased Tore B's OBD interface and loaded his scantool software on my laptop. It works--no question about that--but I still wanted a Hammer. In a recent email exchange with Tore B regarding his procedure for repairing the 964/993 rear spoiler gearbox, I happened to mention to him that I was using his great Hammer alternative but that I'd still like to have a Hammer. Much to my surprise he told me he had several complete units to sell that had been totally refurbished with new batteries, etc. His are complete with the round connector for the 964 and the OBD-ll type connector for the 993. The software for them is the last Porsche release--version 8.1, and the package also includes a multi-country charger. I expressed an interest, and Tore very kindly sent me a picture of the complete package. The Hammer looked like new! I couldn't resist, so I ordered one from him. I suggest if anyone wants one they should contact Tore (tore@bergvillfx.com) rather than purchase one on eBay that might not be as good or as complete.

Quick Reply: Found a Bosch KTS-300 (Hammer)