Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pink rear lights & reflector strip

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 11:11 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya' own a Porsche, and you're spray painting the tail-lights? Next thing you know, you'll be using duct tape to hold your spoiler wall together.
I'm afraid I've got to agree with Randall on this one. Nail Polish?????
Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd need a serious amount of nail polish. And you'd get some seriously odd looks when you bought !
Old 07-24-2003, 02:30 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if you'd be able to get a Nail Polish colour match card before you bought - to ensure you got the correct shade & also perhaps to see how they'd look with bits of glitter too!!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:02 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm encouraged by Randall's pictures; there's a definite difference, and mine are pretty bad. The spray painting option is still valid though; £10 vs £400?

£390 to spend on something else!
Old 07-24-2003, 05:52 AM
Dave Cat
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will be giving the spray paint or nail polish thing a go, heard from a few people that I might well be able to do the inside edges to cover up the pink. And about the colour cards its not a bad idea, in fact I think I will get a graphic designer friend to match the colour for me.

Laugh all you want but money saved is money saved, especially when your talking about replacing a whole set of rear lights for the sake of a tad more colour. But then again thats just me :P
Old 07-24-2003, 05:54 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Just out of interest then - how many people replace their lights because of the faded colour? When I replaced mine the colour was nothing to do with it - it was actually because they let in water and spent most of the winter showing condensation on the inside. I got sick of this and replaced them.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:03 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I replaced mine because

a. I thought they had faded (though they really don't look any different from the new ones)

b. One light had a crack in it for several years and I finally reached the point where every job of a higher priority had been done

c. I got fed up of seeing them let in water. Although I always thought 'I don't mind, because they always dry out again', I suppose I must have minded somewhere deep inside!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:24 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I replaced my right-rear tail-light because it had a crack. I'll be replacing the others because of the pink (as written/shown before). Especially after a car enthusiast buddy (he can't get enough of my P-car) was visiting from out of town, and while inspecting the car closely, made some comment about "can you buy new pieces to get rid of the pink on the left and center?" I had been living with it okay up till then, thinking it wasn't too obvious. I told him thanks, his comment was going to cost me around $300.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:31 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

My new rear reflector arrived - ordered from pelican parts. There's nothing really wrong with my current rear reflector except for a little condensation and it didn't have that rubber piece at the bottom between bumper and reflector which trapped water during every wash.

Anyway what I noticed was that the new reflector was pinker compared to my old one which was ordered from Europe. The Fog lamp was also covered and needed to be cut to insert my rear fogs. Maybe there's a difference in Euro and US stock for these rear reflectors/lenses.

I have ready buyers for my old reflector which still look miles better than most on the road so the upgrade effectively cost me only $140

Quick Reply: Pink rear lights & reflector strip