HSR Sebring 4 Hour Enduro on a 964 RS America

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HSR Sebring 4 Hour Enduro on a 964 RS America

Hi Guys,

Just would like to share my experience this past week, had the chance to attend the HSR race at Sebring, where we drove several sprint races, 1 hour night race on Friday and the main 4 hour Enduro on Sunday. It was in really short notice and my car wasn't completely ready for the duty to begin with, but with the big help of Ron Zitza and his great crew, we had a fantastic trouble free weekend. Very impressed on how solid this car proved to be.
Also had the pleasure to drive with my friend Nigel Greensall and and Gary that came from UK specially for this event, what a great experience, on and off track.

My car is in pretty much stock trim with safety equipment and suspension work, other than that pretty much stock. So you guys can have an idea, we burned thru about 110 gallons of fuel, 2 sets of tires and pads from Thursday AM to Sunday night and as a bonus managed to collect a couple of podiums, one being a 1st in GT class at the night race and a second in class in the 4 hour Enduro, where we started 33rd place and finished 17th overall.
Very nice and organized event, with every kind of car, from a 2009 Audi Le Mans winner prototype to 935 Porsche with Hurley Haywood driving.

I have a couple of pics here and will post the in car videos as soon as Nigel sends me the files out of his HD Vbox.

Tks !

Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Nice, congrats on the results.

The inherent build quality and reliability of these old 911s makes them a good choice for enduros.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:55 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by M3EvoBR
...Very impressed on how solid this car proved to be...
...My car is in pretty much stock trim with safety equipment and suspension work, other than that pretty much stock. So you guys can have an idea, we burned thru about 110 gallons of fuel, 2 sets of tires and pads from Thursday AM to Sunday night and as a bonus managed to collect a couple of podiums, one being a 1st in GT class at the night race and a second in class in the 4 hour Enduro, where we started 33rd place and finished 17th overall.
Very nice and organized event, with every kind of car, from a 2009 Audi Le Mans winner prototype to 935 Porsche with Hurley Haywood driving...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That says a lot for how tough these old dogs are. Wow, thanks for posting.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:00 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Way to go Eddie.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:38 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Tks guys appreciate the kind words. They are really stout machines for sure.

Hi Tal, how have you been ?
Old 12-10-2013, 06:00 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations Eddie.

You're having WAY too much fun!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
nigel greensall
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Eddie,

It was a great pleasure coaching and co-driving with you and Gary, here is a small video of a couple of laps, will get the HD footage to you later this week. -

cheers

Nigel
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

very nice!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 PM
tasman
Race Car

Tks guys appreciate the kind words. They are really stout machines for sure.

Hi Tal, how have you been ?
Im good. A little lost without the GT3. Sort of looking for some sort of Porsche replacement. Wouldn't mind a 964 but the list of those looking is long and good cars seem few and far between. A 964 turbo would be awesome. Almost bought one a couple of years ago and looking at prices now I wish I had. Oh well. Can't really drive it this time of year up here anyway. Glad you are enjoying the RSA
Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Originally Posted by KaiB
Congratulations Eddie.

You're having WAY too much fun!!!
Not like you need that beauty around here to kick some butt around.

Originally Posted by nigel greensall
Hi Eddie,

It was a great pleasure coaching and co-driving with you and Gary, here is a small video of a couple of laps, will get the HD footage to you later this week. -

Sebring HSR 2013 4 hour Enduro, Porsche 964RS, Nigel races to 2nd in GT - YouTube

cheers

Nigel
Nigel, the pleasure was mine, always great to see your driving skills. Makes me realize how much I need/have to learn.
Guys for those who don't know Nigel, he's a real hot shoe and amazing with data, also represents Vbox in case any of you need a system, just throwing it out there.

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
very nice!

Originally Posted by tasman
Im good. A little lost without the GT3. Sort of looking for some sort of Porsche replacement. Wouldn't mind a 964 but the list of those looking is long and good cars seem few and far between. A 964 turbo would be awesome. Almost bought one a couple of years ago and looking at prices now I wish I had. Oh well. Can't really drive it this time of year up here anyway. Glad you are enjoying the RSA
Hey Tal, I hear you, but let me tell you something, the more I drive at the track and I'm around these cars, the less I feel the need or use for a fast street car, and a 100K street car at the track gets old really quick, at least for me, not gonna happen again.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:02 PM
tasman
Race Car

Hey Tal, I hear you, but let me tell you something, the more I drive at the track and I'm around these cars, the less I feel the need or use for a fast street car, and a 100K street car at the track gets old really quick, at least for me, not gonna happen again.
That is one of the reasons I sold the GT3. Too much money at risk and not a dedicated track car. Not tracking right now and if I get back into it will get something dedicated. GT3 was IMHO too much for the street. Never could really find a place to enjoy it especially after being on the track with her.

Take care Eddie
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
mkd944
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations on some great results! Ron is a great guy and really knows his way around Porsches (wrenching and driving, not necessarily in that order). Good to know that our 964s are up to the task.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:52 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 773 Posts

Nice!
I'm sure it is Nigel's driving but thcar seems to handle beautifully.
Look forward to test-sit Eddie's RSA this weekend in preparation of our Enduro with Eddie, Nigel and I in Eddies car with mine as backup, Nigel is tall, Eddie is big, I'm both so all should fit.

Ron is putting my VBox and a bigger seat in this week and I'll practice for the Winterfest enduro race.

I'm going to slow these guys way down but with Nigels coaching and Ron's help I might be able to lose little enough time so Eddie and Nigel can "fix it"
I missed out on a fun HSR weekend for sure but we'll be ready for Winterfest with 2 RSA's so what could go wrong?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:39 AM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
That says a lot for how tough these old dogs are. Wow, thanks for posting.
+964!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

podium
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: HSR Sebring 4 Hour Enduro on a 964 RS America