Sponsored by:

Engine cold and warm reaction

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:24 PM
melbo911
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poor throttle response

Inspired by this thread I‘m posting these YT links after some investigation about the poor throttle response on my 93‘ 964 C2.

After a major engine revision last year, incl change to a light flywheel and replacing the stock chip, I was not able to revmatch (heel-toe) reliable anymore. My initial thought was that it is related to the SM flywheel and so I have to teach myself to the new timing.

At one point I realized that it is not just the motion timing but also related to a very lazy engine below 2000 rpm. I was looking on the web for potential causes an finally was going to assume the new chip was causing it.

While I still was testing other potential suspects like throttle endpoint switches, CHT sensor, O2 sensor, ISV and others, I also was trying to test the vacuum system and reso flap. During checking the links of all pipes and clamps I noticed the wet border around the two clamps connecting the throttle/reso unit with the left inlet spider.

As you can see the in the videos, the clamps were not tightened which again was causing all the trouble.

I‘m not posting the videos to blame the guy rebuild the engine (he did a great job, beside that), but to show others that a small little mistake can cause something which obviously many people suffering from.

Hopefully this posting can help someone to improve the throttle response on his 964 ;-)
The following users liked this post:
HDA (10-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Engine cold and warm reaction