Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lhd C2 non sunroof coupe - finally found one

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 07:39 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car. I have the same interior color. Love it.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 AM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jevvy964
I need to fit new lenses as the ones on it at the moment are lhd (hence the tape fitted by my mot man). Separating the lens from the headlight isnt much fun but not very hard - just take plenty of pics of the spring clip positions and you will be fine.
Have you got lenses mate - I may have a spare pair of RHD kicking about
Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed this thread some how. Nice car. I have LHD, nor rear wiper, but I do have the dreaded sunroof, that does work, so far.
How's the 993TT engine installation going?
Old 09-03-2014, 02:48 PM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twood
Very similar specs to my car-no sunroof no LSD and no rear wiper-would like the LSD but do not really miss it for day to day driving.
Looks nice, good thing about the LSD is its a bolt-on unlike the roof and the position of the driving seat!

Originally Posted by NoSub Dan
Beautiful car. I have the same interior color. Love it.
I do like the combo and will be keeping some tan but I have just fitted some black sports seats I picked up a while ago - need to add a bit more black trim here and there to make them fit in properly.

Originally Posted by ALEX P
Have you got lenses mate - I may have a spare pair of RHD kicking about
Excellent, dig-them out when you get a mo and let me know what they are like and what the damage is.

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
How's the 993TT engine installation going?
Slow right now as I didnt want to go any further until I had the car ready and legal in the UK, would be much harder trying to do that after fitting the blowers Talking of which I've got some rebuilt standard K16s on the way so I can keep the original turbos for a hybrid rebuild once I need a bit more grunt
Old 09-04-2014, 02:05 AM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

Oh Yes! The non sunroof look is fantastic! Only way to get one here, stateside, is in RSA form. I love the smooth lid.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:12 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Following the MOT I now have the registration docs and reg plates so went for my first legal spin round the block last night:

I'm going to run it round for a few months while I finish prepping the tt engine then probably go for the swap this winter sometime - cant wait!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:02 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Back to the sunroof subject (sorry) I love mine, had it open for most of our Alpine Tour.
Only down side was a bit of sunburn to my receding forehead!
Haven't tried my helmet yet!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:34 AM
orp73
Racer

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Back to the sunroof subject (sorry) I love mine, had it open for most of our Alpine Tour.
Only down side was a bit of sunburn to my receding forehead!
Haven't tried my helmet yet!

I agree use my sunroof a lot, would not be without it
Old 09-25-2014, 12:44 PM
jevvy964
Pro

My mrs loves her sunroof too, if we all liked the same stuff it would be a pretty boring world!

Sunroof cars are 10 a penny, try to find a non SR manual c2 and it will probably take you a good few years or too many £££'s
Old 09-25-2014, 03:30 PM
54Kab
AutoX

-I'm with you. Your car is the ultimate spec in my view. I'm also dead set on a LHD car.. so realistically, I'm going to end up with a sunroof aren't I ?!?!

Any tips / leads appreciated...

Anyway, watching your project with interest -and jealousy..

PS do you know what spec the car is? ie. built for which country? Most cars I'm looking at are in north America, but I'm not clear on the differences with Euro spec (eg. extra door bars, lower bhp, -?)
Old 09-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use my sunroof almost every day, but I do miss the clean lines of the roof of my old non-sunroof C4..
Attached Images  
Old 09-26-2014, 03:17 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Originally Posted by 54Kab
-I'm with you. Your car is the ultimate spec in my view. I'm also dead set on a LHD car.. so realistically, I'm going to end up with a sunroof aren't I ?!?!
Just keep looking dude - one will eventually turn up. I bought a RHD C2 manual with a sunroof while I was looking but really couldnt get on with the RHD'ness so sold it and held out for a LHD. Mine is a C00, german car originally which is the ideal but any ROW car would probably be ok as long as it was lhd. I'm not sure power wise, I know earlier 911's had reduced power for the US market so perhaps the 964 is too?

Get some saved searches setup on all the sites that allow you to (ebay etc) and also look at local press, you never know a local wanted ad might come up trumps too. You have also got to be ready to travel with cash when a car turns up as lots of dealers are buying unseen at close to private asking prices these days so you have to be quick out the blocks if there is a specific spec you are looking for.

There is a dealer close to ascot that gets some nice imports in but they have often come from odd places with sketchy docs and they know how to charge so a bit of a gamble.

I'll let you know if they get anything or if I spot another on my travels - happy hunting

Quick Reply: lhd C2 non sunroof coupe - finally found one