Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lhd C2 non sunroof coupe - finally found one

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 10:06 AM
orp73
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same here - I just never open them mainly through fear of having to drive home in the rain when they get stuck open

there is always the manual winder in the headliner on the 964!!

Funny I rejected two cars when I was hunting for mine because of not having a sunroof
Old 11-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

100% agree about the roof lines. I would not have been able to take this picture had my car had a sunroof:
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Jordan Pryce
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by orp73
off a slight tangent, was surprised how cheap a new roof is

http://www.gt-racing.com/products-pa...-parts/page/7/
What a great way to deal with windshield seal rust....

Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

No roof on mine, seems like I found a kindred soul because it's my favorite thing about the car. I hate the look of the sunroof felt messing up a gorgeous roof line!
Old 11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Very nice find jevvy & your right about best hand drive as my 964 is the only rhd German car I've had in rhd and I love it to bits but if it where Lhd it would be perfect!!.....my wife even prefers driving lhd cars even in the uk.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM
jadh
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, nice looking.

Not to difficult the left side steerin wheel in UK?
Old 11-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Von Twinzig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jevvy964
For me in any 911 left-hand drive is best-hand drive whatever the country. Rhd pedal offset means the throttle leg is cranked across to the middle of the car, in a lhd its pretty much straight ahead so its only the pedals you use less frequently that are compromised.
100% agree Jev. Having had both I'd swap mine for a left hooker in a heartbeat. Feels much more natural and it's on the correct side once you get through the Chunnel! Mrs VT likes the sunroof though so I'm stuffed on that one.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheers guys, I dont find lhd to be any issue driving in the Uk in fact I hardly even notice it.

Job # 1: Remove window to retrieve keys that I locked in the car....

I've also pulled all the lights and stuff to I can give them a clean etc. The rear lights are in decent condition and I'd like to keep them that way if possible. Has anyone added any extra silicone sealant round the glued edges to stop grott and water getting behind the lens? Also I was thinking of putting some clear UV proof film onto them to reduce the effects of the sun, every little helps
Old 11-27-2013, 06:37 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I recently bought a pair of new rear lights and centre reflector. The plastic joints looked ok but I was surprised to find lots of fine holes (blowing low pressure air throught the vent tube whilst spraying outside with soapy water). I then spent the next 2 evenings very carefully sealing all the necessary places with a low viscous clear epoxy resin. All three are now completely air tight
Not sure I'd use silicon - its never good in the long term and won't permeate very well.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:58 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Originally Posted by robt964
I then spent the next 2 evenings very carefully sealing all the necessary places with a low viscous clear epoxy resin. All three are now completely air tight
Hi Rob, not sure how I missed this but thanks for the tips, think i might try the same with mine.

Had to turn it round in the garage so snapped a few pics while it was outside:

Busy sorting a few bits hence the missing lights etc. Hopefully get the MOT nailed this weekend then I can get it registered and used
Old 02-20-2014, 11:30 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Congrats on finding her! Love the smooth look of the non-sunroof model.

Cant wait to see the next pics

Chris
Old 09-02-2014, 11:57 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Finally managed to sort out the last few electrical issues on the car and get it down for an MOT:

It Passed! Whoohooo!

Got a few more bits to sort but now that I have an MOT I can get it registered and used a bit then I can crack on with the TT engine install

Old 09-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good. How did you go on separating the h/lamps to give them a clean as I notice you have the vacuum level adjusters like mine? Can you get the lens off etc without upsetting the beam pattern screws etc?
Old 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM
jevvy964
Pro

Originally Posted by Zingari
Looking good. How did you go on separating the h/lamps to give them a clean as I notice you have the vacuum level adjusters like mine? Can you get the lens off etc without upsetting the beam pattern screws etc?
I need to fit new lenses as the ones on it at the moment are lhd (hence the tape fitted by my mot man). Separating the lens from the headlight isnt much fun but not very hard - just take plenty of pics of the spring clip positions and you will be fine.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very similar specs to my car-no sunroof no LSD and no rear wiper-would like the LSD but do not really miss it for day to day driving.
Name:  KH_964-055.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  159.7 KB

Originally Posted by jevvy964
After whats seemed like years of looking I finally found my dream 964, a left hooker non-sunroof C2 manual.

Its got some interesting options including that steering wheel and no rear wiper. Paint is good but needs a few bits sorting out. Also high miles but engine seems strong with very few leaks. Only bit missing from the ultimate spec is an LSD but thankfully this is a bolt-on part unlike the roof and left-hooker-ness.

Car is currently on Irish plates and the wrong wheels but once thats sorted I'll get a few better pics.

Quick Reply: lhd C2 non sunroof coupe - finally found one