Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

me and my 964: an intro

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 01:39 AM
$iriu$black
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure thing, would be awesome to get to see your car up close and do a drive around. Im curious as to how much it ran you to get the car painted. You can PM me if you prefer. I too drive a black car and DD it in winter unfortunately and man is it ever so hard to maintain.

What's your future plan for your car?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sent you a PM.

I made no major changes this winter and I think this season is just going to enjoy it. But the wish list is long

Redo gauges
Recover seat centers and door cards
Drop more weight ( maybe pull The heat + a/c) sunroof delete
Repaint the front end. It already has too many stone chips. Thai time I'll have the license plate recess removed, and then clear bra it.
3.8 on ITBs
Gt3 style exhaust
Old 04-30-2017, 11:35 AM
$iriu$black
AutoX

Believe I can't receive PM yet... too bad.

Those are great plans man...
Old 05-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

This one is my favorite
Attached Images  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:50 PM
$iriu$black
AutoX

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
This one is my favorite
taken by the harbor? I love it man!

Hey would you mind just emailing me the info I asked? Sorry if it's too much, just wanted to know.

efredph AT aol DOT com
Old 05-05-2017, 10:44 PM
$iriu$black
AutoX

Sent you a PM.

I made no major changes this winter and I think this season is just going to enjoy it. But the wish list is long

Redo gauges
Recover seat centers and door cards
Drop more weight ( maybe pull The heat + a/c) sunroof delete
Repaint the front end. It already has too many stone chips. Thai time I'll have the license plate recess removed, and then clear bra it.
3.8 on ITBs
Gt3 style exhaust
Hey man I got your email thanks for the information! Moving to NE by June, do you have any plans of doing runs and all that, like that one they do in the Cape? I'd like to tag along with you or whoever you drive around with.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:04 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Figured this was update worthy, if for no other reason than a record.

Car is in the shop for a general
Checkup/oil change/trip prep. Getting ready for a 2600 mile trip to the tail of the dragon. My car has been running great since I pulled it out of storage in April (I think?) but there's no reason not to put our best foot forward. Really looking forward to the longest road trip I'll have gone on with this car. Last time I went to the dragon was in a lotus. This should be somewhat more comfortable to say the least
Old 06-13-2017, 06:47 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 72 Posts

Wow, great car, great story...
Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

The hits keep coming.

Last week I drove to margate Nj for a party with college roommates. Made it to matawan when I. Time down. Figuring it was the DME relay, I popped in a new one. When the car fired right up I felt a smug sense of accomplishment for all of about 500 years s. That's when it died for good. Cut to the chase, a state trooper cracks up my bumper pushing me off the road and then 3 hours later a tow truck comes to rescue me. At the reccomendation of my shop, I had the car towed to bodymotion in ocean township.
Midday Monday they called me that my car was done. 350 later they claimed it was a loose distributor cap. Within 100 miles of leaving their shop the car died again. I basically limped it home in the right lane the next 250 miles and haven't looked at it until
Today. My shops plan is to replace the fuel pump as its drawing too much current, replace the ignition coil igniters and the crankshaft speed sensor.

Meanwhile I still have one toy. My triumph has been back for a month so I've been riding a ton. New color this season.. 1976 Porsche slate gray.
Old 11-15-2017, 12:48 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

wow been a minute since I updated this.

car was back in action in a few weeks. running better than ever. had to replace the fuse panel. talk about random.

this week marks 4 years since I bought the car. I still turn around to look at it every time I park. even the occasional thought about trading for something else never amounts to anything. I still have plans for this car, and I just enjoy driving it too damn much.

next week it will be tucked away for winter, and a hopefully a few small but impactful touches will make next driving season just as fun as this one.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:44 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

I have an eccentric plus another spacer. Works a treat. I use my function first **** and like that too. Nice car!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:33 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

welp she's tucked away for winter.

plans are starting to take shape. gauges are on their way to north hollywood speedometer. Im working with a guy to build some turbofans for my e88s. still trying to find somewhere to source some cool fabric for the seats and door cards. closer to spring the front end will get resprayed ( again). this time, the front license plate recess will be smoothed, and I'll smarten up by having the front done in clear bra. so all cosmetic stuff this season, but im opening a restaurant so funds are tight. ITBs and a 3.8 will have to wait for now..
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2018, 11:17 AM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Im working with a guy to build some turbofans for my e88s. .
Um... I would love some fans for my LM's....
Old 03-14-2018, 11:40 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JesusFast
Um... I would love some fans for my LM's....
Ha get in line. Tried working with 2 separate companies on this and both have fallen off the map.
Also having trouble with my gauges. They have been out since November, and now I'm getting notice that they "aren't sure they are able to do what I want". Trying to get my tach redone in Mexico blue and have the redline reset to the 12 o'clock position. Ridiculous
Old 03-14-2018, 11:44 AM
JesusFast
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Ha get in line. Tried working with 2 separate companies on this and both have fallen off the map.
Also having trouble with my gauges. They have been out since November, and now I'm getting notice that they "aren't sure they are able to do what I want". Trying to get my tach redone in Mexico blue and have the redline reset to the 12 o'clock position. Ridiculous

Have you talked to the Carbone guys?

I only know them from Instagram. But I've contacted them about making my Tach in the old school HKS livery.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet..

Quick Reply: me and my 964: an intro