Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

me and my 964: an intro

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

nice to see no one here is shcoked by the oil leak. i guess its not a major issue then? my triumph leaks as well. the building i own a parking space in must love me, ruining their floors haha.

it will be lowered. boston roads suck, but its sitting like an suv right now. cant have that. my abarth actually got hung up on a rut in the road not that long ago. i high centered it on an offramp that had the road deformed from the weight of trucks. woops.

just got word all my fabspeed parts are done. euro cat delete, muffler, and cup intake. steve wong chip too. anything im missing? car is too quiet.
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cat delete and any muffler will give a good sound, much louder than stock. For being such a little car, the Abarth has a great stock exhaust note.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
nice to see no one here is shcoked by the oil leak. i guess its not a major issue then? my triumph leaks as well. the building i own a parking space in must love me, ruining their floors haha.
Oil leaks can be either simple or major. I would suggest trying to isolate the source and then deciding if you want to spend the effort ($$$) to fix it or tolerate it. Some leaks are just annoyances but no threat to the engine, others are early warnings of upcoming problems like leaky oil cooling hoses.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:28 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

The abarth does have a nasty little exhaust note. I added an axle back setup the was a fair bit deeper sounding, with a lot more pops and growls.
Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Oil leaks can be either simple or major. I would suggest trying to isolate the source and then deciding if you want to spend the effort ($$$) to fix it or tolerate it. Some leaks are just annoyances but no threat to the engine, others are early warnings of upcoming problems like leaky oil cooling hoses.
I should mention i just spoke to vertex. Man these guys are good. Apparently they think they forgot the crush washer when they changed the oil as its not on the invoice. So, they are sending me an entire oil change. Stand up guys for sure. Hopefully thats all thats wrong.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:58 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

And now I'm concerned again. Almost ashamed to say I don't even know what sensor this is that's basically been torn out. More oil under the car at work tonight, but oddly my space at home is dry.

Next mystery, the title just arrived. Says "mileage exempt" needless to say I'm unamused.

On a possibly brighter note my rs door cards and carpet kit arrived from appbizz Andy fabspeed exhaust ect will be here Thursday. Hopefully I have a car worth putting all this work/money into. Starting to think I bought the wrong car
Attached Images  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:19 AM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get a heater bypass tube and you won't need that sensor!

where is the oil under the car? right under the middle? to one side?

and i would think mileage exempt is due to the age of the car.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:26 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

last night the oil was fairly centered. today, a little more to the right, and a lot more of it. seemed like their was a drip trail leading to the puddle. but there was also a lot of wet spots in the garage leading back to my car. kind of odd, and im sure im just being overcautious, but there was definitely some oil under the car. i actually rolled it forward so i could see better before i even started it.
i checked my oil level when i got home and it was still full. doubt the car was even fully warmed up. went from a warm garage to freezing temps and a 10 min drive home after letting it warm up for a few. its also a biiiitttch to get into first gear after i come to a stop. wondering if the clutch needs some type of adjustment. im debating just getting a shop up here to give it a once over just to see where im at. i had a ppi done on the car in florida which is why i felt safe buying the car in the first place site unseen.

mileage exempt due to age? is that a thing?

ninja edit: upon further investigation, yea i guess mileage exempt is a southern states thing. 10 years or more they dont count miles.. of course the amazing commonwealth of massachusetts wont take the actually mileage of the car as the truth, so im gonna end up with a "true mileage unknown" on my new title. lame.

how can i blame obamacare for this?

Last edited by Jjm4life; 11-13-2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: obama
Old 11-13-2013, 03:58 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That sensor just clips into the pipe. Just push it back in and you're good!
Old 11-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Aaaaaaand now I have no gears. Driving home things went from bad to worse. No clutch at all. Had to limp it home between 2nd and 4th. Oddly it creeps Damn.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:11 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how far forward is the leak? sounds like maybe you're leaking something other than oil. then again, that pic you posted did look like some very dirty oil, so maybe it was, or maybe you're leaking more than one fluid.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Leak seemed far back, oil looks dirty in the pic but it's super clean. Gonna guess I'm leaking more than one fluid at this point. Waiting for AAA it's off to see bill at eurotech in Framingham

Funny part is my recaros showed up just now. So I have a house full of parts and a non functioning car to put them in
Old 11-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
it's off to see bill at eurotech in Framingham
Good call. We're lucky to have some great Porsche techs here.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:48 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry to hear your 964 is acting up. Hold onto how awesome it will be when you get it all sorted!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:25 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Holy roller coaster of ups and downs... oh the life of a 964 owner!

Things like this will pop up the first year as you adjust and learn about your new baby. Smart move having a tech look at the car, to give you a baseline. Plus, it's good to have a pro around for the tough jobs. I've owned my car for a while, so it feels pretty sorted now. Routine maint., with the occasional surprise popping up. Like an old house, it always needs something.

I have a similar exhaust set up. I love it! It will change the whole feeling of the car. Enjoy!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Strikes and gutters man, strikes and gutters.

Aaa has more or less abandoned me. Not the first time . Have another company coming any min. Guys I used to trust with my lotus(s) and my mothers r8v10. Should have been my first call.

Hoping is warm enough tomorrow to ride to work.

Quick Reply: me and my 964: an intro