Sponsored by:

Rear side panels removal ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:00 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear side panels removal ?

Ok so I am doing a swap with my front seat belts had a quick look this afternoon at removing the rear panels to access the seat belts but couldnt see any obvious retaining screws on the panels, so any pointers on how these panels are removed to access the front seat belts.

Gaz
Old 09-28-2013, 07:17 PM
provoste
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If I remember correctly...The rear side panels are held in place by the long thin trim panels right above each side panel and below the rear side windows (3 or 4 screws per side) and then each side panel has a tab that is sandwiched between the rear parcel shelf and the body on each side. It might be helpful to loosen the lower screws on the rear parcel shelf. All the screws on my car were phillips head. I hope this helps, it's been a few years since I pulled mine to have them and the rear parcel shelf recovered in leather.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:51 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

1. Remove the trim piece above the panel and the rear shelf cover piece as well.
2. Pull the front section away from the side of the car (just a little bit) and then slide the panel toward the front of the car. There is a slide in clip at the back of the panel and sliding it forward about an inch and the panel will free up from the clip.
3. To fully remove you will need to remove the seat belt plastic piece that is in the panel and unbolt the belt from the car and snake it through the panel slit.

Hope this helps.

Skip
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers boys will give it a bash later

Quick Reply: Rear side panels removal ?