Sponsored by:

1992 Porsche 911 964 C2 5spd Coupe for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by dbcperformance
Lol!! Bert, I'm not mad bro, I'm just upset because we r loosing man with WORD in this world
Old 07-13-2013, 07:26 PM
UncleRemus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Opo,

Did you give a deposit? Katy to Sugarland and you were planning to see a 17k 964 within 24 hours. You should have seen it coming.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:35 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

No deposit, did commit to buy it if the car checked out as advertised, I wanted to go see it early today but seller wasn't available and I had a trip to austin at noon so the only time available for both of us was tomorrow..
Old 07-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Although irrelevant to the sale, how did you like the sport cat? Is the smell comparable to a bypass or barely noticeable? Lastly, any fitment issues?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 PM
ja78911sc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
No deposit, did commit to buy it if the car checked out as advertised, I wanted to go see it early today but seller wasn't available and I had a trip to austin at noon so the only time available for both of us was tomorrow..
I have lost out on several cars based on a few hours. I can't blame the seller for selling to the first person with cash in hand--unless he received a deposit from a potential buyer which would have taken the car temporarily off the market.

He appears to be new to our forum. If I was selling the car, I would have waited because I have viewed your stable and know based on this you are a serious buyer Where would you have parked it?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:02 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Mr.Alex
Although irrelevant to the sale, how did you like the sport cat? Is the smell comparable to a bypass or barely noticeable? Lastly, any fitment issues?
Alex, I never got to see the car
Originally Posted by ja78911sc
I have lost out on several cars based on a few hours. I can't blame the seller for selling to the first person with cash in hand--unless he received a deposit from a potential buyer which would have taken the car temporarily off the market.

He appears to be new to our forum. If I was selling the car, I would have waited because I have viewed your stable and know based on this you are a serious buyer Where would you have parked it?
I never gave him a deposit because after we couldn't agree on a time for today , he told me lets just wait til Sunday, I did tell him if the car checks out Sunday we can meet at my bank Monday morning and get you a cashiers check, I think that says I'm serious, anyways it's over and done , what bothers me is that I have 5 cars from RL members and all the members back up their word and colin didn't, so that goes to say that he's new here because this community is pretty honest and straight forward

The reason I was buying this car was to donated as a track car for me and a couple of guys at the place where I stored the rest of my cars...
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 PM
cal99
5th Gear

To set the record straight, Opo texted me and wanted to see the car. I couldn't show him the car on Saturday morning and he was heading out of town in the afternoon. I never committed to hold it for him. All we did is communicate over a few texts, but he never called me or I would have explained the same. I'm sorry Opo feels that I miss represented, but that's certainly not the case.

Regarding the sport cat, I liked it a lot. Nice sound with the cup pipe and no problems passing the sniff test here in Texas.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ja78911sc
I'd agree if he didn't already have a date and schedule set up with buyer 1 which was the next day. That wasn't very nice. If buyer two wanted it that bad, he would have been there Monday too, right?

There will be another donor car OPO. With better karma no doubt. Did you get your raffle ticket??? Maybe thiis will bring you good luck I hear they have a few left....
Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JB 911
I'd agree if he didn't already have a date and schedule set up with buyer 1 which was the next day. That wasn't very nice. If buyer two wanted it that bad, he would have been there Monday too, right?

There will be another donor car OPO. With better karma no doubt. Did you get your raffle ticket??? Maybe thiis will bring you good luck I hear they have a few left....
I did! #914
And yes a better donor will come along, buyer #2 gave an xtra $500 and that's when everything went south
But everything goes full circle
Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Well, you can't blame cal99 for selling the car to the first person to view it, it's his car etc etc, but, we all know he probably undersold it! Some of the cars I've seen at $10k more should have been $17k.
Either way, someone's going to be happy with their new purchase be it a new owner or dealer!
Old 07-14-2013, 01:27 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by STUARTQ
Well, you can't blame cal99 for selling the car to the first person to view it, it's his car etc etc, but, we all know he probably undersold it! Some of the cars I've seen at $10k more should have been $17k.
Either way, someone's going to be happy with their new purchase be it a new owner or dealer!
This is not Ebay or Craigslist , we r a community here where we look after each other, that's why we post our cars for sale here first hoping it stays in the RL family and most members here keep there word,
The only reason he sold it to the other person was because they
Gave him more $ and that's fine it's his car , but I will never do that to a RL member, I do t know how long you been a member here but when we sell stuff here is not to the top bidder , is to the person that was first in line to buy the product
Old 07-14-2013, 01:36 AM
ja78911sc
Pro

Originally Posted by JB 911
If buyer two wanted it that bad, he would have been there Monday too, right?
Yes, but he (she) did not need to be there Monday. He obviously put money down on the car via paypal, etc. or purchased the car site unseen.

This car was obviously priced to sell which means quick action was required--deposit. I will probably be flamed for being on the sellers side but he did nothing wrong in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Opo, May 2012! 17 months less than you but I don't see the relevance!
Cal99 joined in 2005, but he's only made 5 posts!
I agree, that if you post it here, give RL members first dibs.
But we don't know, maybe an RL member has bought the car!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:48 AM
panzerfaust
Instructor

i lost out on a met blue on too a few weeks ago also... i feel your pain

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...nashville.html

anyhow still looking for a nice C2 coupe manual....

regards

pf
Old 07-15-2013, 04:36 AM
The Flying Dutchman
Instructor

cal99 is gonna miss his car in the future, guaranteed. Hope it will be owned by another Rnnlister.

Quick Reply: 1992 Porsche 911 964 C2 5spd Coupe for sale