Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on Recaro Speeds

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 06:31 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulled the trigger on Recaro Speeds

So after months and months of deliberation with reagrd to what seats to buy I finally pulled the trigger on a set of immaculate Recaro Speeds on Ebay. I paid a visit to the owner who wasn't too far away and the deal was done.
They are in absolutely perfect condition, and really do look like they have not been sat on before. The preveious owner had some them in a Camaro that he tracked a couple of times, and decided that no amount of seat traction was going to improve the handling of the car and decided to sell it on with the original seats.
So now they are mine. I have sport seats in mine at the moment and being of the larger persuasion long journeys were just a little uncomfortable. The Recaros are wider and fit me better across the shoulder. Importantly they are recliners so access to the rear is not going to be a problem. I would have preferred a hard back seat but I could be looking for ever and never make up my mind, besides £400 can be sniffed at considering a new set would cost at least £900. The outer is black vinyl and the inner sections are Recaro's version of Alcantara.

I've got to get runners and sub frames, but for now I'm happy. I have thought about getting the outer sections retrimmed in Leather but that might negate the bargain cost of the seats in the first place. Maybe a project for later, but it would give me an excuse for a bit more colour coordination of the stitching side...orange of course.

I know i've got to remove the inner tilt adjuster. Not sure how much work is involved in doing all of this. Any recommendation of runners, subframes. Are Recaro's own the only way to go ?
Attached Images    
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes - use the Recaro rails and sliders.

Nice seats.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on Recaro Speeds