Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cult-Werk Splitter Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:33 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Never mind. Dumb question. One quick look shows all kinds of stuff under there that would not be drill friendly. Epic fail averted...for now.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:21 PM
xcoldricex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how long did shipping take? just bought mine.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone know if these actually create any aero advantage (down force) or are they purely for show?
Old 04-27-2015, 07:19 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Took 10 days. It creates a down force at high speeds which helps handling.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NoSub Dan
Took 10 days. It creates a down force at high speeds which helps handling.
Thanks for the information. I occasionally DE at a high speed track so the increased down force would be very useful in a few corners.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by HalV
Thanks for the information. I occasionally DE at a high speed track so the increased down force would be very useful in a few corners.
No need for stinking splitters, just slow down. I have a brand new set that I never installed, if you need them right away for track days you can have them and I'll just grab the ones you order when they come in.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LPMM
No need for stinking splitters, just slow down. I have a brand new set that I never installed, if you need them right away for track days you can have them and I'll just grab the ones you order when they come in.
I was going slow enough! You should have seen the armada of GT3s, GT3RS, and 997 Turbos flying past me when I was "only" going ~140 mph down the main straight! I found out in a hurry that I should not have been moved up to run Group 3.

Oh well, I was just happy to be up there after having to scramble to order the new fan and have my alternator rebuilt (BTW, A&B Auto Electric is the place to go to have it rebuilt). I finished putting the fan and alt in Friday morning and then headed to BIR. It rained most of the way up but Saturday and Sunday were nice and dry. The next DE for me is likely a couple months away (Club Race) so I should have plenty of time. You should definitely head up for that.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:04 AM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How is everyone attaching the splitters? Are you using the pop rivets and the adhesive? I have had mine attached with simple screws and washers and it is working ok but if I ever hit a curb they would probably rip right off.

Maybe some silicone as glue in addition to screws?
Old 05-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Smellmuth
Advanced

Originally Posted by mike9186
How is everyone attaching the splitters? Are you using the pop rivets and the adhesive? I have had mine attached with simple screws and washers and it is working ok but if I ever hit a curb they would probably rip right off.

Maybe some silicone as glue in addition to screws?
+1 inquiring minds want to know
Old 05-03-2015, 08:59 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

We ran a bead of the adhesive across the top and a somewhat more generous amount on the inside bottom around the wholes for insurance. Used slightly bigger rivets than supplied just because we had them. I decided against screws. We didn't take anything off just shallow drilled the wholes which was easy with the car on the lift. The splitters' fit is superb. And they look great.
Attached Images    
Old 05-03-2015, 03:28 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Looks very nice NoSub Dan!
Old 05-03-2015, 10:38 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

We ran a bead of the adhesive across the top and a somewhat more generous amount on the inside bottom around the wholes for insurance. Used slightly bigger rivets than supplied just because we had them. I decided against screws. We didn't take anything off just shallow drilled the wholes which was easy with the car on the lift. The splitters' fit is superb. And they look great.
Looks great
Old 05-04-2015, 09:59 AM
DobermanDad
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just fitted it, drilled the holes, and used some stainless hardware to bolt it on. It's pretty straight forward once you get down there and see what you gotta do. I removed my lowers, cleaned them, and replaced all the hardware while was down there.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:08 PM
xcoldricex
Racer

did you have your ducts painted?

Quick Reply: Cult-Werk Splitter Group Buy