Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 for ColorPlus. I am sure Leatherique is the pretty much the same. On my daily driver 993 (which means I get in and out of the car 5-10 times a day), the ColorPlus has held up for 6 years.

I also did a color chage from blue to black. And even in its worn areas like the bolster, the blue didn't even show up. The butt pad is worn down to a smooth shinny finish, but the dye did not break or peel.

If yours are peeling, then it was not put on properly. This stuff is like paint, as I understand it, it is latex paint. So sanding, degreasing, and prepping is MOST important.

BTW, my seats have originally had cracks in the leather from wear. I applied the dye over it, and it took 6 years of daily driving to wear down the dye to show the cracks again.

I still have some leftover ColorPlus sitting around when I redye originally. Just redid the driver seat. Didn't come out as great since I skipped the final finish using the a spray.

Overall, VERY happy with colorplus!!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HiWind
So Ras the feel is leathery?
Yes of course. Finish feels smoother and is soft as you would expect of newly finished leather.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Restoration