Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS America STOLEN

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I feel your pain... I hope you find her in the same shape.

I can't believe these cars are targets for theft. It's the "undesireable" one in the line up (after the 996). I disagree personally, but the 964 is not the most popular one.

I thought as well it is a pro job.

Makes me think off a manual kill swith in a certain location. I had one in my old 911.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:49 AM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Professionals will get it no matter what measures you take. I doubt it was hot-wired and driven off. Probably dragged onto a rollback truck.

Are there any cameras in the parking lot at your work? What is during the day?

Sucks to lose such a rare car, but it can be replaced if insured properly.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, Jim, I'm very sorry to hear about this.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Navaros911
I can't believe these cars are targets for theft. It's the "undesireable" one in the line up (after the 996). I disagree personally, but the 964 is not the most popular one.
Actually, the "special edition" 964s are increasing in value at a very quick rate... This includes the Speedster, RSA, '92 US Cup, '94 C4 Widebody, and '92 America Roadster. Running the 911 Speedster Registry for PCA, I get most of my calls from EUROPEAN AGENTS looking to export US cars for their customers. The speciality 964 has hit collector's status in recent years.

Totally bummed for J Richards. I have been wanting a 964 RSA since they came out, and the original RSA Porsche Brochure is actually mounted above my desk at work - and has been for 15 years! Great car. I see so few of them anymore...

-B
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1
As a fellow RSA owner my condolences! It was obviously a targeted hit and was probably "ordered" by a "buyer" on another continent. I don't know what else to say....
Yeah that was my thought too
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I talked it over with the cops and my mech, turns out that if you're handy with a slimjim (the metal kind not the meat byproduct) you can jimmy the door lock and defeat the alarm immobilizer of a 964 all in one fell swoop. I'm putting lojacks on everything as we speak. This was way too easy for them.

I don't know anyone who's come out ahead in the insurance deal, not honestly. If the car is never found I know I have a battle on my hands getting anywhere near what I had in it, if it comes back damaged it certainly will be a salvaged car and what's the value then? If I get what I had in it, examples this clean with a known history and not modded to full race cars are almost impossible to find. Keith Verlaque (rsamerica.net) has helped guys in the past and has nicely offered up help with values. Thats the kind of help you need with insurance companies.

I'm still hoping they find it parked with the cheap *** radio gone but I don't think that was the kind of people that took it...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 AM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look in to skylink. gps theft recovery system that offers real time monitoring capabilities, and alerts for traveling over whatever speed you set up, and traveling outside of a geofence, that you also set up.

not to add insult to injury, but if you'd had that you would probably already have your car back.

again, good luck on finding it. best wishes on it being just like it was when they took it
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
fuch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope it works out for you in the end....total scum!!
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, I've had cars stolen in the past. It's awful. I really really feel for you. What is the matter with these people? They will get theirs at some point and while that does not ease the hurt and frustration now one good thing is that these cars are rare enough that there is a chance of it appearing somewhere when one of us or the authorities know about it. I really hope you get her back soon.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 PM
BigMikeATL
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
Man, I've had cars stolen in the past. It's awful. I really really feel for you. What is the matter with these people? They will get theirs at some point and while that does not ease the hurt and frustration now one good thing is that these cars are rare enough that there is a chance of it appearing somewhere when one of us or the authorities know about it. I really hope you get her back soon.
You know that you were on Memphis Raines side when watching Gone in 60 Seconds

Agree though, there is a special place in Hell for these folks.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM
ILC32
Advanced

That's horrible! I hope you receover it soon, unmarked and unmolested!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:50 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

J Richard,

Did you park at work often? Or, was it just a day you happened to drive to work. I wonder if someone had been eyeing it for a while and waited for the right moment.

Did the police have any comment as to the type of thief who may have taken it (pro, etc)?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:58 PM
creaturecat
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Navaros911
I feel your pain... I hope you find her in the same shape.
d

I thought as well it is a pro job.

Makes me think off a manual kill swith in a certain location. I had one in my old 911.
964 undesirable?
you live under a rock?

best wishes on finding your car
Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Robbie Ravioli
Advanced

That sucks! Feel very sorry for you!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:11 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry this happened to you....I cant imagine it happening......

Can you check with the local business and the D.O.T to see if anyone has any video of the street or close proximity where your Carrera was parked...Your car was most likely taken by a roolback/flatbed...You never know there may have been an company name on the rollback that one of the traffic camera's may have caught....

Worth a try....

Hopefully you get it back or hopefully you were insured for agreed upon value...

Quick Reply: RS America STOLEN