Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for OE radio for 964-93

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 03:52 PM
C24FUN
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Unfortunately no, there is some re-wiring that needs to be done. You can get standard connectors that fit the CR210 from audio suppliers. Steen mentioned one. Another good choice is Becker North America. That's where I got the bits and pieces when I did my audio install.

I've attached a scan of the back panel wiring for the CR210 and CR220 which shows the "A" (power), "B" Speaker) and "C" (External Amp and CD Changer) connectors. I also show a hand sketch of the basic wiring for the amp.

First I changed the connector for the power/illumination etc. by cutting off the original connector and rewiring to the new "A" connector. While I was doing this I ran a jumper from the speedometer wiring for the "Speed Dependent Volume Control (GAL)" which adjusts the volume on the radio as speed (and cabin noise) increases.

Then I connected the "C" Pre-Out leads and ran them to the amp under the passenger seat and ran front/rear speaker out from the Amp back to the original wires behind the radio. This saved the work of running all new wiring to the speakers. Note: Depending on your requirements, you don't really need to have an external amp and that would simplify installation considerably.

Since I also installed the CD changer I also bought the special cable for that and ran it to the front trunk.

It's a pretty straightforward job as long as you keep track of your wires and have it well planned on paper before you start.

Good luck if you go with it.

Cheers!

Jim G.
Attached Images    

Last edited by C24FUN; 02-11-2013 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Detail

Quick Reply: Looking for OE radio for 964-93