Swapping OEM spoiler. Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Swapping OEM spoiler. Question.

Hi all,

My 964 had a fixed wing when I bought it and I've decided I like the OEM wing. I've sourced the part, but I need to dismantle the spoiler from the decklid on the replacement part. My question is regarding the fastener on the spoiler. I haven't seen this type of faster before, so please excuse my ignorance, but can anyone advise me on how to remove it? This seems like an easy r and r job, but I thought I'd throw it to the crowd of much more knowledgeable porschephiles than I.

There are a series of these fasteners. Here's a close up picture of one, along with a shot of my new 964. I LOVE this car so far. I have to say, I really like it quite a bit more than my 997! Can't wait to get it up to par inside and out:

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...psec6ffd2f.jpg
Attached Images   
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Nice Car...

I use two very small screw drivers under the edges (the little slots you see towards the center) that "bite" into protruding stud. If you are very careful, you can use the fastener again. If not you will have to search to find replacements. The fastener on there is just pressed on and slid down the stud. It is just the friction of the teeth facing the opposing direction that hold it on. It has some spring effect and that is why it seems so tight.
Good luck.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts
Default thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Will follow up when I have the new spoiler installed.

Quick Reply: Swapping OEM spoiler. Question.