Sponsored by:

Happy Friday!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:43 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy Friday!!

Well, not much to post on the car except I'm trying to find a dry day with no snow on the ground to take it over for the repairs of my car vs tree incident.

Saturday night is our Porsche club event- this year is Chili. We alternate years with chili and spaghetti. I'd have award winning entries the past 3 yrs I've entered,and feel (overly)confident in this years entry

Sunday the car has to be moved as I've got 3 clients lined up for photo sessions. Last weekend didn't happen as part of the team was unavailable.

What about you?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Saturday, I have a friend and fellow Rennlister bringing his 964 over. We will be replacing the rubber hoses at the thermostat and oil tank. His are weeping. I will also use a new MAPP torch to try to remove a frozen bolt on his car's rear caliper so we can change the disk rotor. Last weekend, we were able to change 3 of the 4. Very frustrated. Hoping the new hotter torch will do the trick.

If we have time left over, I will be installing the cams in my engine rebuild project.

Sunday will be spent installing a closet organizer in my fiance's closet. We installed one in my closet last weekend. It turned out really well. I can't believe I waited 7 years to install one.

Next week, taking my Volvo to the dealer to have a vibration fixed. Suspect a bad wheel bearing or CV joint. Its my primary winter car so I don't have time to wait for the 964 projects to finish. Hoping its not too expense.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

My wife has warned me that this weekend I'll be chauffeuring the kids around a lot to various practices and play-dates.
Everyday magic in the 964.

I'll also thinking about going to the local cars & coffee, it's a large event on the first Saturday of the month...or I may go for a long bicycle ride instead.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:56 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

did my first oil change on the 64 - 10L of Porsche's finest now swilling around.
Gladly the magnetic plugs were't very bunged up with metal filings ... phew

Also put on the new 2 spring 964 wipers .. altho little sign of rain down here atm
Then added a set of 6mm front spacers as my 17in were wearing thru the wheelarch liners.

Likely only an early morning run this weekend as Wife not impressed with the 3 day enduro that
was stripping engine bay and intakes, cleaning, polishing and re-assembly.
Glad to say 0 left over parts this time thanks to lots of pics and a little map.

Ended off with a quick track outing - first meeting of the Cup and the 3.8 - funny driving both one after the other ...
especially the switch from LHS to RHS, the differnt ratios, tires, suspension - but fun it was.
Dire Straits and PF's Meddle blaring from the announcers desk - everyone pretty psyched for new season.

Pretty much a perfect day
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HiWind
Then added a set of 6mm front spacers as my 17in were wearing thru the wheelarch liners.
Be careful of your lug nut engagement. Did you install longer wheel studs? Its recommended to limit your spacers to 5mm with the factory studs.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
HiWind
Race Car

thanks Rob - are factory studs the ali ones?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Sunday will be spent installing a closet organizer in my fiance's closet.
Hey.. "fiance".... is that news? I don't recall hearing that from you recently...

Congratulations if that's so!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did my first oil change on the 64 - 10L of Porsche's finest now swilling around.
Gladly the magnetic plugs were't very bunged up with metal filings ... phew

Also put on the new 2 spring 964 wipers .. altho little sign of rain down here atm

Likely only an early morning run this weekend as Wife not impressed with the 3 day enduro that
was stripping engine bay and intakes, cleaning, polishing and re-assembly.
Glad to say 0 left over parts this time thanks to lots of pics and a little map.

Ended off with a quick track outing - first meeting of the Cup and the 3.8 - funny driving both one after the other ...
especially the switch from LHS to RHS, the differnt ratios, tires, suspension - but fun it was.
Dire Straits and PF's Meddle blaring from the announcers desk - everyone pretty psyched for new season.

Pretty much a perfect day
Those are 2 beautiful cars you have there.....defo a perfect day!

Me, I'm collecting my car from having a new silenceer made...from 108.5 db to 98 db at 4.5k rpm!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

thanks Rob - are factory studs the ali ones?
The studs are steel. The original lug nuts are a lightweight alloy (aluminum?).
Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Hey.. "fiance".... is that news? I don't recall hearing that from you recently...

Congratulations if that's so!!!
Tom - Yes, I got engaged on Christmas eve.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Rob - sorry! meant the nut not lug. The OEM spacer is 5mm but it has these little ***** on them which sit toward the hub (right?) which add a mm per the vernier. I get 6 full turns of the nut before its nipped, which I measure (using a match which indents easily) to be 14mm - enough? Seems the nut is a good 4m m longer than my studs.

Cheeksy - the noise police getting tougher every year here too - cup is now 104 db at 6k rpm down from 114 ... might add turndowns (away from sound measuring station) too.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:50 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Sunday I will install my new Blaupunkt BT 420 Toronto radio. Looking forward to hear the sound from that, as well as being able to play my iPhone via bluetooth.
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
Tom - Yes, I got engaged on Christmas eve.
Congratulations Rob! My uncle once asked me, "Why make one woman miserable when you can make so many, so happy?"

I took the P-Car out to get groceries this morning. We had some serious rain two nights ago which washed away all the road salt. When I came out of the store, there was an inch of snow and zero salt on the roads. I am running Hankook V12 Summer tires. Braking distance was horrible, thank god its a C4 or I would have been in trouble. I can confirm my ABS is fully functional. Just hanging this w/e, Winter festival at my kid's future elementary school on Saturday. No P-Car plans.

Originally Posted by crg53
...being able to play my iPhone via bluetooth.
I have that in my VW Jetta, best thing ever!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Rob - thanks ... to avoid going OT again .. found this great thread - will work out if my spacers 'work''
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...errerid=106503
Old 02-01-2013, 03:41 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Rob! You know, I do shoot weddings, too

Quick Reply: Happy Friday!!