Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Servo Motors (964/993 Heating System)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 AM
f3nr15
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Partisan
Hy guys,

my name is Michael, Iam the person who developed the refurb solution.

The 964 and the 993 servos for footwell, defrost and fresh air are the same. For the cold/hot mixing chamber flaps there are different types used. 964 uses a 130deg with the metal lever, 964 uses a 60deg type with the black 'star' instead.

I will think about the pricings for you guys in the USA. I also offer a very good repair / rebuilt service for the CCU. Maybe I will make a bundle price for all five servos and the CCU.

I think everybody will be happy.
Ill be back tomorrow, this day was very busy.

So long,

Michael
Hi Michael,

I suspect your services will be in high demand

Do you own a 964 or 993 yourself?
Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Partisan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Peter,

I strongly hope that my service will be appreciated! I've invested very much time during the last year to get all this knowledge about the 964/993 HVAC system.

I've been drawn into this by my neighbour next-door. He owns a small but very fine Porsche workshop. I often helped him to find electrical problems in his cars. So one thing came to another, and now I've crossed the point of no return... The Porsche virus hit me

By now i do not own a Porsche by myself. I've given all-in to let manufacture the tools and the spare parts for the servo repair, so my cash-box is more than empty now.
But I hope this will change soon, and then, when I see the sun again, I look for a nice 993, maybe an RS.

You are from Australia? I'd like to discuss with you the possibilities, how I could handle the repair service for you guys down under. If you got the time, please contact me privately
msattler@partisan-autoteile.de

Thanks!

Regards,

Michael
Old 01-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 273 Posts

I'm in - again...lol.

There are so many little things like this on these cars that can be done...I am happy to buy new - but porsche's pricing is silly. so yeah if there are interested parties and the cost up front saves me time money and hassle down the line - all in...
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All of us will need something of this sort eventually- having non-factory alternatives is a good thing.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Add me to the list of those interested in an updated solution. I've gone through several servos myself.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:26 AM
urquattro20Vt
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm probably interested in refurbished units, too (that said I have yet to make any effort to troubleshoot/fix mine) - thinking $200 - $250 sounds reasonable. My car has no footwell heat or heat out of the side dash vents. Center vent heat works great.

Thanks!

Brandon
'91 911 Turbo
'01 Audi S4
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 AM
Partisan
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My proposals

OK, this is my proposal for you (to safe money, time and hazzle)

Servo refurb $220,- (1 or 2)
$ 200,- (3 or 4)
$999,- all five servos, included is a free CCU repair/refurb
CCU Repair means all solder joints inspected by microscope, approximately 12-14 electronical parts that I know to fail regularly will be renewed. New lamps. Cleaning, solder side of boards coated against corrosion. Testing, fault memory cleared.
If special parts (front bezel, switches, rear fan) are needed, the costs will be higher, because these parts are only available from Porsche. Check out the prices online and you will see. Sorry for that, its silly. But on the other hand its good that these parts still are available.

If somebody wants to organize that, you can collect and send every two month or so. Its up to you.

Please tell me what you think.

And last not least, a short note to John D. :

Thanks for not deleting my post! This will be my last advert here before joining rennlist.com as a sponsor. I'll do it as soon as I can.

Regards,

Michael

Quick Reply: New Servo Motors (964/993 Heating System)