Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got these back...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Looks FANTASTIC! Stance is awesome also.

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
Have you thought about changing your headlight right to black to match?
If you want to play with the black headlight ring look, but not have it be permanent, spray the rings with Plastidip.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
sc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheeksyboy
I love a nice set of black cups!

Have you thought about changing your headlight right to black to match?
Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Looks FANTASTIC! Stance is awesome also.

If you want to play with the black headlight ring look, but not have it be permanent, spray the rings with Plastidip.
I just saw a picture with black headlight trims and looks nice! Great idea on the Plastidip too Jetta. I may just try it out sometime.

BTW, I also got the Wevo engine mounts installed and once again what a great mod those are! I'm still on stock exhaust but the sound with the Wevo is nothing short of amazing! The engine notes eminating into the cabin is like WiFi compared to the Stereo it was on the OEMs. Now I really want to go for a Cup Pipe just to turn up the volume a notch more!
Old 12-18-2012, 02:49 PM
sc
Racer

Originally Posted by sml
black wheels look good on the silver car btw
Can't argue with that. Yours is an inspiration. So clean!
Old 12-18-2012, 04:39 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sc
...BTW, I also got the Wevo engine mounts installed and once again what a great mod those are! I'm still on stock exhaust but the sound with the Wevo is nothing short of amazing! The engine notes eminating into the cabin is like WiFi compared to the Stereo it was on the OEMs. Now I really want to go for a Cup Pipe just to turn up the volume a notch more!
Totally agree. Love my Wevos and love the (slight) extra noise transmitted from the mounts.

Speaking of music (it only gets better)...
I also removed my engine sound pad. Subtle increase in noise (maybe heat too?) and I like seeing more Slate Grey in the engine bay, plus almost every engine pad I've seen in a 64 looks slightly ratty. Definitely go for the Primary bypass if you want that Porsche Cup roar. Awesome mod. A couple months back I put on a cat bypass and can't stop grinning. Just one notch louder, but a more gruff, mechanical sound. LOVE IT!

Almost forgot about the drilled air box. X2 sound whenever you floor it or are over 4K revs.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking very nice, a light car with dark wheels look great especially white, silver and even red.

Just wondered what size rears you are running and with standard tire size?

P.s refreshing to see a 964 with flag mirrors.
Norm
Old 12-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

911Jetta,

Did you source your black wheels from Tire Rack??
Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 AM
sc
Racer

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Totally agree. Love my Wevos and love the (slight) extra noise transmitted from the mounts.

Speaking of music (it only gets better)...
I also removed my engine sound pad. Subtle increase in noise (maybe heat too?) and I like seeing more Slate Grey in the engine bay, plus almost every engine pad I've seen in a 64 looks slightly ratty. Definitely go for the Primary bypass if you want that Porsche Cup roar. Awesome mod. A couple months back I put on a cat bypass and can't stop grinning. Just one notch louder, but a more gruff, mechanical sound. LOVE IT!

Almost forgot about the drilled air box. X2 sound whenever you floor it or are over 4K revs.
I'm wondering if a cat bypass will pass smog? I'm in CA so I'm not certain what my options are. Any CA guys please chime in...

Originally Posted by Nski
Looking very nice, a light car with dark wheels look great especially white, silver and even red.

Just wondered what size rears you are running and with standard tire size?

P.s refreshing to see a 964 with flag mirrors.
Norm
Thanks! These are the Mille Miglia Cup Is so the rears are 17x9 et52 w/255-40 tires. The size are about perfect.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:28 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Earlydays
911Jetta,
Did you source your black wheels from Tire Rack??
Early,
I did buy the wheels from TR, but they came in silver. I sprayed the rims (and headlight rings) a couple months back with Plastidip. It's a nice way to see if you like the look before committing to paint/powder coating. It also works nicely as a temp. bra for the front of your car for long trips or track days. It's very durable, but can be pulled off.

Black wheel test (rubber paint test)
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=19642

Originally Posted by sc
I'm wondering if a cat bypass will pass smog? I'm in CA so I'm not certain what my options are. Any CA guys please chime in...
I'll let the CA guys chime in, but it's pretty easy to bolt/unbolt for the smog test. It really adds to the sound!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Nski
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think these Mille Miglia wheels are great, they fit well with the right size and offsets. I think there is a lot of snobbery in the Porsche world with non original equipment, they are well worth the money. Good choice!

My friend has some on his white 964 and the wheels are painted white too, looks fantastic!

Quick Reply: Finally got these back...