964 '91 911 Fresh Air Flap motor removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 03:09 AM
DIS
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FaULT LIGHT

HI

YOU SHOW ONLY 3 LIGHTS ON YOUR INSTRUMENT GAUGE -- RIGHT MOST -- WHILE I HAVE 6 LIGHTS LIGHT UP WHEN I TURN THE KEY ON, BUT DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
THESE ARE -- LEFT SIDE: TRANSMISSION (BETWEEN 8 AND 9) AND SEAT BELT (BETWEEN 9 AND 10); TOP SIDE: BATTERY (11 AND 12) AND LIGHT BETWEEN 12 AND 1 ON'CLOCK; RIGHT SIDE: AIR BAG (BETWEEN 2 AND 3) AND LIGHT BETWEEN 4 AND 5).
I HAVE TIPTRONIC, SO (8 -9) MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

THE BIG LIGHT COMES ON WHEN EVER ONE OF THE LIGHTS INDICATES FAULT.

SO, TEST ALL YOU BULBS, AND FIND OUT IF SOME ARE BROKEN, REPLACE THEM, AND THEN YOU MAY BE ABLE TO TELL FROM THE INSTRUMENT LIGHT WHAT THE FAULT MAY BE.

I SUGGEST YOU
Attached Images    
Old 02-06-2017, 02:09 PM
justin-in-athens
Pro

Ok, excellent info. I am going to have a look at the airbag and seatbelt warning bulbs this evening. The spoiler control unit has been removed, so I should only have 5 lights in the clock if everything is working. Thanks for your help!
Old 02-06-2017, 02:34 PM
DIS
Rennlist Member

I suggest you also check the connectors for the air bags. They are on both sides of the "trunk", under the carpeting. I had a similar problem, and just disconnecting the connectors, clearing the gold contacts with some contact cleaner, or alcohol, and reconnecting them did clear my problem.
Don
Old 02-06-2017, 06:04 PM
justin-in-athens
Pro

Thanks to all who helped me get this resolved. Airbag and seatbelt warning lights were blown. Replaced them with spares here in the garage, and cleared the code. Also cleaned the connectors in the frunk. No more warning lights of any kind.

Still have the above referenced failure: (24) Fresh Air Flap Motor failure
and (45) inside sensor blower motor. I'll look more into them tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:21 PM
DIS
Rennlist Member

Default Air flap motor

Hi

You can take the motor out and apart and clean the contacts, etc.
This has worked for me. I have also purchased a used on on Ebay. New ones are about $400!!!
The other solution is to keep the flap open at all times. The flap open each time you start the car. Thus the wear on the contacts.
As to the blower motor, I have no suggestions. You may want to find the wires leading to the motor, disconnect from the motor, apply 12 VDC, and see if the blower runs. If it runs, it may be the speed control or fuse.

Don

Quick Reply: 964 '91 911 Fresh Air Flap motor removal