Sponsored by:

Windscreen fluid motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jack.pe
Only issue is hose clips are not sealing and leaking, they are too fiddly to install in this location so have ordered some Oetiker clips and a crimping tool as per original fitment. Will update with pics soon.
I just used small cable ties - no leaks.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,

So to get the washers to work I have had to completely seal the pipe going to the Intensive Fluid reservoir. I had checked all the valves and although 2 are no longer working they are now all clear, however water was still being pumped into the intensive reservoir, any idea why?
Now I have sealed the pipe going to the reservoir the washers are fine, all four have good powerful jets of water...
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Harry Apps
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Jack

You have two washer systems supplying common nozzles/jets. Each system is isolated from each other by non-return valves to prevent your problem. It looks much more complicated than it is. You could either clamp the intensive supply hose (as you said) or the other easy option would be to fit another non-return valve (eg from Halfords) in that hose but closer to the reservoir.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:02 AM
jack.pe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Harry Apps
Jack

You have two washer systems supplying common nozzles/jets. Each system is isolated from each other by non-return valves to prevent your problem. It looks much more complicated than it is. You could either clamp the intensive supply hose (as you said) or the other easy option would be to fit another non-return valve (eg from Halfords) in that hose but closer to the reservoir.
Thanks Harry.. I was aware of this but in the diagram I could not see which valve stops backwash from going back to the intensive reservoir, I thought I had covered them all. In any case I have now isolated it and all seems ok..

Quick Reply: Windscreen fluid motor