Sponsored by:

964 engine/trans 125K

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 engine/trans 125K

i am thinking of potentially putting in a 993 engine/trans but was curious what the value of the 964 engine/trans are worth both having 125K miles on them. also, the engine has good compression but does leak oil. then trans shift well and clutch seems fine to.

any ideas what the range in value for these are?

thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 10-23-2012, 07:12 PM
pcarhiway
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 65 Posts
Default 3.2 liter price point

Just sold a 3.2 liter engine that ran perfectly with good compression and leakdown for $5400. No transmission, just engine. Similar miles.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:18 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Thanks.

mine runs good but leaks oil good too...

i just jacked it up from the rear for the first time and the oil was dripping out rather quickly...part of me thinks this is good and bad...obviously bad leak but the good is it was easy to identify where it was leaking from.

i am in the process of taking the rear bumper off the car and then going to take the secondary muffler off. then i want to put it back on the ground and somehow clean up the engine a little prior to me taking anything else apart.

anyone have a good method for degreasing the engine on these cars?
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

To clean the bottom of the engine, I've had good luck with Simple Green. Spray on, wait and the rinse off with water. For tough spots, I use brake clean.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Rocket,

On my chevy's in the past I use to use something I think was called gunk engine degreaser. My main question is should I warm up the engine prior to applying something or should I do it when the engine is cold.

I will have this rear bumper off tomorrow no doubt...got the drivers side screws out already and some of the passenger sides and the screws that hold the rear bumper cover on. Just need to remove the bolts from the bumper shocks.

Another question...should I keep all my post in one thread regarding my car??

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

I used Gunk about 25 years ago and if memory serves, it worked well. I think the instructions had you spray on a warm engine, which may be hard to do if your bumper is off. I used Simple Green on a cold engine.

Should you keep the questions together? If the questions are related to the cost/value of your engine and tranny, yes, otherwise, I would start another thread with a suitable title.

Quick Reply: 964 engine/trans 125K