Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help (re)applying for original German fahrzeugbrief.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:58 AM
xelor8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help (re)applying for original German fahrzeugbrief.

I am planning on registering my 964 Cup here in the Netherlands but all the paper work needed to do this has been lost by a previous owner. I know the car was road registered in Italy, so i am assuming/hoping it was also registered in Germany before it was exported.

Can anyone tell me how i can find out if my 964 Cup car was ever road registered in Germany and how to renew it?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:59 PM
chfs911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thomas Schmitz might be able to help you. I spoke to him and he said no way could I register my Cup in Germany as it had only been on the ONS Wagenpass. He advised doing it in UK. It would need to meet current TUV registration if not pre-registered in Germany.

It was straightforward here but for the fact there was a blocking flag on the Porsche computer. It took some work to get around this and a helpful OPC.

I contacted the ONS( DNDS) and they were very helpful but did not have a copy of my Wagenpass. I did get the no. and details on change of owners.

UK would be an option?

Good Luck.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:38 AM
xelor8
Advanced

Seeing as my Cup has previously been road registered in a EU land, I'm hoping to avoid the UK/DL complete new registration approach if i can. By re registering the car in the relevant land or acquiring valid duplicates of the need documents before approaching the notoriously difficult RDW (Dutch DVLA).

That said, The UK is an option so would be very interested to know the process and costs of UK registration.

I have a faxed copy of the Italian export document issued in '04 when the car was sold to the US. A copy is not valid here in Holland so i thought i would try to acquire a valid replacement. If possible, it would be the easiest way to achieve my goal.
An Italian rennlister offered to help with this by putting me in contact with his brother-in-law in Italy. Unfortunately having not heard anything back from him, I still dont know if this is possible.

The reason why i am now focusing on the possibility of German fahrzeugbrief/ title. Is because I also have a German temp. insurance document which was used by the Italian dealer when he bought and exported the car from Germany to Italy, so correct me if i am wrong... This document would only be needed if the car was already road registered???

I would love to hear from any rennlister Italian, German, Scottish or otherwise who can help with any of this
Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
chfs911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you not just enquire to the German registration authority with your VIN for any previous record of a German fahrzeugbrief/ title?

I did this via email for the Wagenpass and got a reply right away in English!

I can tell you the process and forms for DVLA if you go down that route.
The following users liked this post:
porker944 (05-08-2022)
Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM
xelor8
Advanced

I didn't consider it might be that simple. I'll shoot off an email tomorrow.

Are the German Vehicle registration authority and ONS connected in some way and will having the original Wagenpass help with registration? I also have a Porsche Certificate of authenticity and certificate of conformity for my chassis number.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Help (re)applying for original German fahrzeugbrief.