Sponsored by:

Mike's New Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MusicMadMike
I really hope to be at one of the London meets before the Spa trip. I don't think it'll be the next one though.
+964 as chance will have it - we'll probs make it the same one.

heaven knows how excited you must be adfter so long and with few days left to go.
The excitement hasn't really set in yet. It's been so long now (coming up to a year) that I'm so used to her not being around. I'm worried about getting reacquainted - I hope we still like each other!

At the moment I'm just anxious about getting her back in time to get all the shake down miles wrapped up and a couple of other things sorted.

However when the day comes where I hear the words 'come and get her' I think I may just faint with excitement.

I still have a long way to go before getting my car how I want it especially as the body work does need some attention.
Body work! Nah! Go cars, not show cars
Paint won't make her faster... besides every stone chip is a medal of honour from past accomplishments!

if Peppa can show a clean pair of knickers while her dress is a bit tatty then at least people will see that she has some class!!

so I had those parts retrimmed in leather and the whole seats recoloured.
Pictures!

I think the contrast with the linen leather will look good and should prove much easier to keep clean.
Sounds like a nice contrast

I still intend to fit either Cobra Misano Anniversarys or Carbon backed Recaro CS.
Recaros get my vote - lighter also. I'd paint the backs orange with some orange seat belts?

Brakes: Probably going to keep the standard set for now as just don't have the money, but a big brake conversion with Orange calipers will be the order of the day.
Big brakes as 'The Doc' will tell you aren't necessarily more effective... Less pressure needs to be applied and cooling is better for track are the only benefits.
+ 964,000 on what Cheeksyboy says about fluid and pads. Motul 600 is the brake fluid I use, EBC yellows are a good track pad available in the UK.

when the Gearbox and engine are mated up with the new LWF and clutch kit.
I love LWF. Who's mapping your car?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:08 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Porsche964FP;10195566
Body work! Nah! Go cars, not show cars
Paint won't make her faster... besides every stone chip is a medal of honour from past accomplishments![/QUOTE]

Kinda like the rat look too but I think I like to create some chips rather than live with other peoples

Originally Posted by Porsche964FP
Recaros get my vote - lighter also. I'd paint the backs orange with some orange seat belts?
I need easy access to the rear seat for the young racers.

I love LWF. Who's mapping your car?
I listened to Colin from 9M who said I absolutely had to do the LWF. Thanks for that Colin I haven't decided whose doing that yet so recommendations would be appreciated but my cars a C4 so need an appropriate rolling road.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks fantastic, hope your fabspeed isn`t going to be to loud with those straight through headers, I also have the fabspeed rear silencer which I love however quiet it aint, lovely job though
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 PM
MusicMadMike
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No car but new wheels...

Been a while since my last proper update. The reason is Paul has been inundated with work and my unscheduled complete rebuild left a bit of a backlog. I will not be getting the car back until 18/3/12. I was hoping to be able to get the car this week but that hasn't been possible and next week I'm away on holiday until the 17/3. So I'll pick up the car and Paul will run the car in for me meaning I can just enjoy when i pick it up. Hopefully... There has been some progress though... I had both sets of wheels refurbed. My idea was to get the 996 10 spokes painted orange but literally when I was in Wheel Works in Crawley I changed my mind and decided to have the Cup 1 reps powder coated in orange and put the Ad08s on there and have the 10 spokes in satin black with some new Falken winter tyres. I was thinking I'd run the car in on those and save the box fresh ad08s for Spa. I added some little black Porsche wheel stickers from Highgate house and added them to the cups. I like the look. The seats are going back in this week. I still haven't seen them but if Paul says they're ok then they must be. He's a perfectionist. New standard rear discs will be added with Ferodo DS2500 pads. After going round the houses on the pad thing I figured this is my first track day so I won't be going too nuts so the extremes can be dealt with next time out.
Attached Images   
Old 03-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Wheels look great
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 AM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Any details on the engine spec?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:34 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Love your pragmatism, can't wait to see the car on the Eurotunnel!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 AM
Cheeksyboy
Burning Brakes

Wheels look great
+1
Originally Posted by bigunit_271078
Any details on the engine spec?

Originally Posted by Rephlex
Love your pragmatism, can't wait to see the car on the Eurotunnel!
+1
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard good things about the DS2500s so will be interested to see how you get on with them.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Robbie Ravioli
Advanced

Great project! Love to see the final result. Stickers on the wheels look great, where did you get them from, as I need to refurb my cups as well, even though I m running speedlines style at the moment.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Robbie Ravioli
Great project! Love to see the final result. Stickers on the wheels look great, where did you get them from, as I need to refurb my cups as well, even though I m running speedlines style at the moment.
Highgate House. They also do graphics for Speedline, BBS etc

http://www.highgatehouse.co.uk/P102.htm
Old 03-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rephlex
They also do graphics for BBS etc
Really? Couldn't find it on their site?
EDIT: Found
Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 AM
Rephlex
Burning Brakes

Really? Couldn't find it on their site?
EDIT: Found
Good! Here's the menu for anyone else . http://www.highgatehouse.co.uk/Wheel%20Rim%20Decals.htm
Old 03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Zingari
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good Mike.

Touch and go for me this week to decide on getting the car painted or leaving it until I come back from Spa. Need to decide by Friday.

BTW - You bringing a guitar to knock out a few tunes. If its any help I can do Smoke on The Water on one string.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:10 PM
bigunit_271078
Burning Brakes

Zingari - might be best to do after as you won't worry about stone chipping the new paint out on track and if you were thinking of protecting it then paint shield is very good but paint needs some time to dry/set. Just a thought

Quick Reply: Mike's New Car