Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

late friday post.... what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default late friday post.... what's going on?

well, tomorrow morning is our local Porsche club fall tour. we're headed to Green Lake WI. Just a half day, but when I get home, I have wedding clients to meet for their engagement photos, Sunday I'm doing family photos for a fellow PCA club member and his mom/dad/brothers. then Monday I have a spa client to do group and individual staff photos for. Busy crazy weekend.

so- what are you doing?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We're at Hallett for the big Octoberfast club race. 90 cars here, our GT group has 30; 8 Spec996s, about 9 of us GT cars and the rest Cup cars. Should be fun.

We have two sets of new tires, a great attitude (doh!) and the little red car is running very nicely. We'd like very much to win both GT3 and GT4 and stay in front of perhaps 3 to 4 Cup cars.

Think we can....
Old 10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts

The local Porsche Dealership hosts a gathering for our PCA region during the 1st morning of Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, which starts tomorrow. Their location affords a nice view of the mass ascension.

They open their doors at 6am, and provide the hot coffee and breakfast burritos in their showroom. Always a good time although the winds tomorrow morning are predicted to be borderline for a safe balloon launch. I have to say, seeing several hundred balloons in the air at the same time is quite the spectacle.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Been a very busy "vacation" week, working on my engine build. We discovered some parts that I didn't have. I was missing the main bearings, the bearings for the intermediate shaft, the rocker adjustment screws and jam nuts. Today, we finished the pistons, cylinders and cam towers. Tomorrow will be installing the cams and setting the timing.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Planning on heading to VIR with Chin at the end of the month so getting ready for that -- having recently got back from Barber too. VIR will be the last event of the season so I'm already buying parts for the winter projects.

Marc
Old 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Prepping the car for the track. Install roll bar, recaros, harnesses, etc today. If that is done and time allows I will do the brake fluid too.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:58 AM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ran new wiring for the door speakers. Cut a piece of masonite to go under the front trunk carpet to support my amp/luggage. Continue tweaking KW V3 settings.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM
vince965
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather is awful in the UK, so started Friday with a couple of bottles of merlot, tonight has started with champagne to celebrate my 50th and will know doubt lead on to some very fine reds later tonight. Turbo is in the garage sulking as it's not doing what it enjoys, burning up the asphalt!
Old 10-06-2012, 03:20 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Monday the belt tensioner froze up and fell apart on my truck while getting off on a tight radius off ramp. It takes a lot of wrestling the wheel to turn a 6K pound truck with no power steering! I made it off and after a 1 1/2 hr wait AAA came and flat bedded it the 2 miles to my house. I drove the TT all week to work and i gained a new found fondness for the TIP in the 964. What a PITA driving the 6 speed with a stiff clutch in stop and go interstate traffic was. It has been nasty storms at quitting time all week so the 964 spent the week inside and dry. Today its been top down driving it every where I have gone. Dont want it to feel unloved
Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Enso
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

CCU hadn't been working found my back blower motor was seized ordered a new put it in last night Heater Works great now
Ordered a new air conditioner resister, CCU faceplate and one coil Should be in Monday
A few weeks back she wouldn't start, she tried but couldn't keep going. I went through fuses all relays distributor , was baffled I thought I was getting a good spark
Switched coil outputs and removed one and walla started
Switched back to other coil other coil no start
Replaced the bad coil with an old one i had lying around while waiting for a new one
The bad coil was chocking out the good one causing radical firing
Waiting for winter to do more fixups
G

Quick Reply: late friday post.... what's going on?