Sponsored by:

91 964 C2 Coupe MT

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna
not sure whats up with the sticker...hopefully someone with a 91 or above chimes in.
I have it too, it is appears to be a clear sticker to protect the label from wear and water. It is hard to see, unless the edge has trapped some dirt. The only place it is apparent (to my phone camera) is under the label part number
Attached Images  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the confirmation.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
dkcaims
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like I said... may be nothing at all, just thought I'd mention it.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dkcaims
Like I said... may be nothing at all, just thought I'd mention it.
Derek,

No problem. I appreciate the heads up...

I know nada about Porsche's, any help is appreciated.

I am even going to get the PPI because you guys scared me straight on that...

The only thing is I am getting it from the place that has serviced the car since 2005 but based on the forums they are very reputable.

I am sure I will learn something from the PPI.

Thanks again,
Steve
Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by swesna
Derek,

No problem. I appreciate the heads up...

I know nada about Porsche's, any help is appreciated.

I am even going to get the PPI because you guys scared me straight on that...

The only thing is I am getting it from the place that has serviced the car since 2005 but based on the forums they are very reputable.

I am sure I will learn something from the PPI.

Thanks again,
Steve
Bad idea to get a PPI from the place that has serviced it. But since you are, insist that you get the inspection results IN WRITING. That way, if a problem arises soon after with something that they said was OK, you might have some recourse.

Sorry to say this, but given your start here, I see problems ahead with your ownership experience. Bad choices usually end in expensive lessons. I wish you well, but you seem to want to stack the deck against yourself, which I cannot understand
Old 10-04-2012, 04:18 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

I would hope that the PPI will be in writing, hopefully scanned and emailed to me in PDF...we shall see.

The other shops that we suggested in this thread were over 45 mins away from the owners house.

The owner of rennwerke porsche "cheech" already told me there are issues prior to getting the PPI done...I just want to know how bad are the issues ie how costly.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:56 PM
dkcaims
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not care if the shop was 4 hours away. 45 min to an hour away should not be an issue for an honest seller, if they really want to sell the car. Would not be a problem for me if I were the seller.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Bad idea to get a PPI from the place that has serviced it. But since you are, insist that you get the inspection results IN WRITING. That way, if a problem arises soon after with something that they said was OK, you might have some recourse.

Sorry to say this, but given your start here, I see problems ahead with your ownership experience. Bad choices usually end in expensive lessons. I wish you well, but you seem to want to stack the deck against yourself, which I cannot understand
Originally Posted by dkcaims
I would not care if the shop was 4 hours away. 45 min to an hour away should not be an issue for an honest seller, if they really want to sell the car. Would not be a problem for me if I were the seller.
Cannot say it better myself.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

i guess i should have asked him to take it to a different place...it was my decision which was due to me trying to make it convenient. might be dumb move on my part...
Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Laguna Seca
Instructor

Swesna...having no experience with Porsche, I would highly recommend that you listen very carefully to the majority of gents on this forum that are taking the time to offer very valuable advice. It seems to me that you are choosing to resist some of the advice that has been given. Just remember, you get what you pay for! There is a reason this car is being offered at $14.5. These cars are all $20K cars...you will get there one way or another! If the seller doesn't want to comply with your needs...move on! Just trying to help! Good luck!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

i am not resisting...and no doubt value the advise or i would not be posting on the forum.

totally understand you get what you pay for...and do understand that this car needs work the question is how much work.

i am thinking no doubt an engine rebuild now or later minimally which i am fine with...i dont even know what i am going to do with the car yet...might be a street/track car as my DD is an Audi RS4 which is actually more fun to drive but I dont want to take it to the track.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

Swesna, if you are happy with your decision that's all that matters , after all its your $ and your car..
Enjoy the car and everything else that comes with it
Old 10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In your earlier post you say you have never driven a porsche before and now say your DD is a RS4 which is more fun to drive.. Ive had an RS4 and i guess it all comes down to your definition of fun. That aside.. There are plenty of these coming on the market for time to time. Patience pays off so dont get too trigger happy of fixated on this one and drive a bunch before you buy one.. Just my opinion.. gd luck.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JLJ11
In your earlier post you say you have never driven a porsche before and now say your DD is a RS4 which is more fun to drive.. Ive had an RS4 and i guess it all comes down to your definition of fun. That aside.. There are plenty of these coming on the market for time to time. Patience pays off so dont get too trigger happy of fixated on this one and drive a bunch before you buy one.. Just my opinion.. gd luck.
agree...

yes, i dont think an older model 964 non turbo would be as fun as the rs4 at least stock to stock.

i work from home and my DD is just driven to DD for coffee and to shop with the wife.

i agree with you and i am not fixated on this one...part of me like getting it cheaper...bc i can then put the money into it how i want to. not buy something that someone made the way they wanted to. but i know if there was one for sale that was exactly or close to way I would want it that it would be cheaper to buy it that way than to build it.

same with my rs4...that is why I have stopped modding that. my last mod on that is an MTM exhaust. them i am focusing on a different car for street/track purposes.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 PM
JLJ11
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats kinda my point re the definition of fun.. if straight line speed is what u are after agreed, but i find the cornering and traction stability controls of the RS4 dull , especially with the engine so far over the front axle... wait till the engine is over the back.. now that is fun! RS4's are great and v impressive engineering.. 911's are huge entertainment!

Quick Reply: 91 964 C2 Coupe MT