Sponsored by:

Happy Friday - Plans for the weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts
Default Happy Friday - Plans for the weekend?

Happy Friday everyone. What are your plans for the weekend?

I will be spending the next 9 days working on my car's engine. A year ago, I pulled my convertible's engine and began the rebuild process. The parts were sent of for machining and inspection. I have all of the parts back and have a big pile of new parts. Starting Saturday morning, I will begin reassembly. I have two friends that will be helping. One is local and the other is flying in from California. I'm looking forward to the companionship and the challenge of the project.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:41 AM
scped
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be cleaning engine parts - wishing I were with Rob assembling clean ones :-)

Rob - best of luck with the rebuild. Please let me know if you need an extra set of hands (or someone to send out for a beer run)

Cheers,
Scott
Old 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM
mf_rsr
Pro

Good luck! There's definitely some well-earned beers for you guys this weekend then.

Here in the "sunny" UK its a London owners meet...should be about 20 of us but we'll see on the day...
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, I was going to start the thread, lest I get blamed for missed driving ops... but since you asked

No definitive plans to drive the Porsche until I just realized I have to meet a client tomorrow morning that requires a few nice back roads to get there. so i'll have to bathe the P-car. Then just other miscellaneous yard duties, etc.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:40 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I (assumed for now) blew out the differential at the track last month. Took it off of the trailer and its sitting in front of the garage. Need to get a few guys to help push it onto the lift so I can start the rebuild.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a 36" oak tree that fell down that i need to cut up and drag into the wood with my tractor. Last weekend there was a really big black bear out at the property watching me mow. Hopefully he has moved on to better garbage up the road.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Defiant
Instructor

Man engine rebuild sounds like a lot of fun! GL with the build. I'm sure your anxious as hell to have it done and running in the car. My beloved 964 is still in the shop. It's 993 transmission was just rebuild with fresh steel syncros. The motor is still out in Portland at Rothsport in Jeff Gamroth's capable hands just waiting on a trick set of heads to complete the project. Hoping for 375hp results.. will know in two weeks. It's seriously affecting my sleep now hah.

The 964 gathering in London sounds like a blast! I don't think we have 20 964s in all of Houston... but I may be wrong.

This weekend i'll be prepping my 74 Carerra for the PCA race at Hallett next weekend. Swap out the front calipers, new pads, oil change, nut and bolt the car and swap wheels so I can have fresh Hoosiers mounted.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Defiant
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimq
I have a 36" oak tree that fell down that i need to cut up and drag into the wood with my tractor. Last weekend there was a really big black bear out at the property watching me mow. Hopefully he has moved on to better garbage up the road.
Watching you mow or planning his next meal?? Man that's a big tree. Planning to use the wood for firewood?
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Ghengis
Instructor

Weather permitting I'll be fitting new rear bumper supports.

This is assuming of course that I can remove the extremely rusty nuts and bolts. Wurth Rost off ice at the ready - I hope it's as good as I'm lead to believe.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:48 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

No big road trips planned this weekend...but it's date night with the wifey tonight, so I may end up sneeking in a couple miles on the way to dinner.
Might be a good weekend for a wash and work on a couple small car projects.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by scped
I'll be cleaning engine parts - wishing I were with Rob assembling clean ones :-)

Rob - best of luck with the rebuild. Please let me know if you need an extra set of hands (or someone to send out for a beer run)

Cheers,
Scott
Scott - You are always welcome to drop by and assist or provide commentary.

Hawk - No need for you to be blamed for not starting a weekly thread. I can start it if you are too busy.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:26 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you just get up earlier than I do, time zone speaking
Old 09-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Rob, good luck with the rebuild, please take lots of pictures and keep us updated!

Lou, I will be in your neck of the woods around 10:30am tomorrow returning from Cars and Coffee, if only 964 drivers need apply as pushers, PM me.

No P-Car plans other than C&C tomorrow and to sneak out for drives whenever possible. Autumn is in the air.
BTW, Sabine hit 40k miles today.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Defiant
Watching you mow or planning his next meal?? Man that's a big tree. Planning to use the wood for firewood?
no not much use for firewood here. I buy 3 or 4 fake logs a year in case it gets below 50 degrees.
this is the bear a couple months ago.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Defiant
Instructor

Wow... i grew up in Montana so we got to see them but mostly in the parks. Never near the house!

Originally Posted by jimq
no not much use for firewood here. I buy 3 or 4 fake logs a year in case it gets below 50 degrees.
this is the bear a couple months ago.

Quick Reply: Happy Friday - Plans for the weekend?