Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brighter headlamp bulbs: do they melt the wiring loom?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 04:33 AM
aircooledbug
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

Stan, don't make the same mistake I did when removint the old ones... the only two screws that need to be removed are underneath the light at the bottom. The trim cover retaining screw comes off, you then pull the trim cover, and then the hole where the trim cover comes out is also a screw (flat head).

That bit confused me (not hard!) and I set about undoing the other two screws which are only for beam adjustment.

Will be interested to hear about the LED side lights.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 PM
StanUK951
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got round to fitting the new bulbs. I think they look good and definitely seem brighter. Didn't take the car out as too late to wake the neighbours with my secondary bypass...

New lights are on the left. RH side has standard side and head light bulb for comparison.

Struggling to fit the headlamps back properly now. I think there is a knack to it which I haven't figured out yet.... I have a bit of a gap at the side which I'm sure wasn't there before! A job for Saturday.

Last edited by StanUK951; 10-04-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

That is quite a noticeable improvement over the old bulbs; looks like a good investment. The knack on putting the headlamps back in is to push harder. They make an audible snap/click when they locate properly. Drove around with mine looking like the above for a while, until someone told me to just try harder
Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM
meek
Burning Brakes

Having fitted a set of Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs to my old Forester at the weekend, after my better half complained that the lights were rubbish, I must say that they really are a great improvement. I have now fitted a set to the Mazda and will probably stick a set on the 964 when it comes off the stands. Can't go wrong for £10. Thanks to those that recommended them; good call.

Quick Reply: Brighter headlamp bulbs: do they melt the wiring loom?