Sponsored by:

Loose Headlight Switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 02:59 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Loose Headlight Switch

Can anyone explain the best way to get at the headlight switch to get it tight against the dash?

My problem is that the entire assembly rotates making it difficult to turn on/off the lights. It feels like it eventually gets enough resistance when the wires in the back tighten up from the twisting. This could have some long term negative results when a connector falls off, so I'd like to tighten the switch really good.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:58 AM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

This made it to the second page of shame. One bump and then I'll let it go and figure something else out.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:28 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Wow, can't believe I'm bumping this, but I really would like to know.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
nhdoc
Intermediate

If you pull the **** off you will see a ring with four holes in it. You need to tighten that ring. I used a snap-ring tool with two pins to turn it (clockwise) while holding the center of the switch with a needle nose pliers so the switch won't rotate while you turn the ring. You might need to do a fine-adjustment at the end to get the **** oriented so the light symbol is pointing in the correct direction (down when off) but the key thing it turning that ring is what will tighten down the switch and keep it from rotating.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 PM
MrNvgtr
Instructor

Originally Posted by nhdoc
If you pull the **** off you will see a ring with four holes in it. You need to tighten that ring. I used a snap-ring tool with two pins to turn it (clockwise) while holding the center of the switch with a needle nose pliers so the switch won't rotate while you turn the ring. You might need to do a fine-adjustment at the end to get the **** oriented so the light symbol is pointing in the correct direction (down when off) but the key thing it turning that ring is what will tighten down the switch and keep it from rotating.
I'm not sure how I missed this, but thanks so much for replying. I can't believe how easy it is either. I thought I was going to have to undo the lower dash and go in from underneath somehow. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Loose Headlight Switch