Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche, a '91 964 C2 Cabrio W/Tiptronic...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 PM
nhdoc
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Porsche, a '91 964 C2 Cabrio W/Tiptronic...

I've been lurking here for a few weeks after buying my first Porsche. The proverbial "little old lady" car, a red/black '91 C2 cabrio with 43K miles on it (actually the engine only has 8K miles on it as it was replaced after a clueless mechanic overfilled the original engine with oil and trashed it). I bought it from its original (73 year old lady) owner in the next town over.

It was still overfilled when I bought it but I brought the level down to being correct and will do a full change soon. I already flushed the brakes and power steering and replaced all of the hood struts so both hoods stay up while I work. Also added a can of R12 to a low system and already have good A/C. Next I will tackle the fuel filter and clean the headlights and replace the bulbs with silverstars.

I was initially put off by the prospect of buying a tiptronic model but in fact it is a blast to drive and since much of our driving is around town it is a lot easier on the driver too.

I've been busy doing some catch-up maintenance and little repairs and just wanted to thank everyone here who has contributed to the DIY section as there are a lot of project yet to do. Being a long-time Mercedes owner and DIYer there are a lot of projects I can handle myself. Anyway, here's a photo of it...clean as a whistle.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello and welcome Doc! RocketRob is also in NH and has a red cab, but with a few more miles. There something to be said for cabs in guards red. Summertime rocks

Last edited by Laker; 06-23-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Quick Reply: First Porsche, a '91 964 C2 Cabrio W/Tiptronic...