Sponsored by:

Lightweight tin ware?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:20 AM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robt964
Did this get any further? Will the redtek fibre glass tinware fit?

4 weeks back I ordered a set from R-to-RSR but this is now looking to be a big mistake!
What is up with the R to RSR tin? Quality? Fit? Not arrived?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:52 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The issue is with the company. 5 weeks back I rang them up and was told it'll take 5 days as they'll order a set for me, and took my money. 10 days later after no goods or contact from them I give them a call. I'm told 'they're not sure where it is' and given nothing more than that. I suggest that perhaps they should contact the supplier and/or courier to find out. I was assured they'd do this right away and call me back later that day. Nothing (no surprise). I let it slide a bit more. Since, for the past 2 weeks I've called them every other day asking to speak to Andy, but he's all of a sudden far too busy to talk to me. The lady who always answers the phone is nothing more than that. An answering machine and cannot provide assistance on any matter. Each time I'm just fobbed off with 'I'll leave a message that you called and ask him to call you back'. Each time - nothing. So, I decided to do a bit of googling about Andy and his name cropped up on a few forums where others have had a similar experience ie paid money for goods where apon communication would stop. Some had given up after months of chasing and daily emails. I'll be calling him again today as yesterday the 'answering machine lady' said she'll leave a message with him to call me back....
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 AM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

The issue is with the company. 5 weeks back I rang them up and was told it'll take 5 days as they'll order a set for me, and took my money. 10 days later after no goods or contact from them I give them a call. I'm told 'they're not sure where it is' and given nothing more than that. I suggest that perhaps they should contact the supplier and/or courier to find out. I was assured they'd do this right away and call me back later that day. Nothing (no surprise). I let it slide a bit more. Since, for the past 2 weeks I've called them every other day asking to speak to Andy, but he's all of a sudden far too busy to talk to me. The lady who always answers the phone is nothing more than that. An answering machine and cannot provide assistance on any matter. Each time I'm just fobbed off with 'I'll leave a message that you called and ask him to call you back'. Each time - nothing. So, I decided to do a bit of googling about Andy and his name cropped up on a few forums where others have had a similar experience ie paid money for goods where apon communication would stop. Some had given up after months of chasing and daily emails. I'll be calling him again today as yesterday the 'answering machine lady' said she'll leave a message with him to call me back....
Time to stalk them @ Classics at the castle in Hedingham coming weekend.
They were present last year.
More and more we're confronted with bad service.
Did you try EB Motorsport for tin ware?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:26 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

I haven't written them off just yet. Problems and issues are perfectly ok and should be expected as part of daily life. Its how you manage these that you're measured by. I have just now managed to speak to him, and he's further elaborated on the situation. Answering/returning calls costs nothing but I feel from a customer experience/service perspective is massive. Entry level stuff. Hopefully this will be sorted in a few more days.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 AM
ghhally
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Answering/returning calls costs nothing but I feel from a customer experience/service perspective is massive. Entry level stuff.
+1

That's why I always give feed back to suppliers on how the parts were received and how they perform. Good experience and feed back gives a boost and makes life easier when thing go wrong and needs to be sorted.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my fibreglass tinware from Redtek today.
Well happy, quality is perfect.
Looks better than oe.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:38 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

looks good Russ - hope you get it fitted nice and easy
is there much of a weight saving?
Old 10-29-2013, 04:46 PM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

964russ,

When did you order yours?

I'm still waiting for mines:-(
Old 10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered it months ago, but no rush so not bothered.
Saved up enough for engine rebuild, just collecting parts for winter rebuild.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

Bumping this thread as I’m looking for a quality fiberglass engine tin for my 964. Rothsport and Sheridan Motorsports only carry 3.6 tins designed for 1989 and earlier. I do have an email into Redtek. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:36 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Silly $$$ but the only 964 sets I've seen-

https://www.dp-motorsport.de/en/prod...2jJIYpZLfq8gSw
Old 03-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick
Silly $$$ but the only 964 sets I've seen-

https://www.dp-motorsport.de/en/prod...2jJIYpZLfq8gSw
Thanks Nick, will give them a call. My tin is shot, and here’s a chance to shed a few pounds in the engine bay.

Quick Reply: Lightweight tin ware?