Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my leather seat restoration *PIC HEAVY*

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 PM
KNS
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Most of the leather seats in today's new cars are painted, even in your luxury autos.

If you purchase a new Porsche and opt for the "Natural Leather" than you're getting the higher quality (non painted) finish.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM
PaulW_964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your seats look fantastic Tim and it sounds like a bargain to me. I think I may give him a call
Old 05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
timrichardson
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by c didy
Did he use a brush in the crevices? Very nice results.
the roller technique worked really well at getting into all of the little crevices, he applied a good 4 coats of paint to ensure that everything was covered evenly.

Originally Posted by J81 JKR
Tim,

did Paul give any indication of how long the finish would last? Looks great by the way,

Dylan
Given the amount of coats Dylan I would say that the work will last a long time. Also the final coat of gloss ensures that the painted leather is fully protected from dirt and the elements. A good job should last a very long time.

Originally Posted by KNS
Most of the leather seats in today's new cars are painted, even in your luxury autos.

If you purchase a new Porsche and opt for the "Natural Leather" than you're getting the higher quality (non painted) finish.
Yes this is what Paul was telling me as he worked, effectively he was repeating the leather manufacturing process, hence the reason why he stripped the leather back as much a possible.

Cheers for all of the positive comments guys, hope it helps others... after all our beautiful cars deserve to look tip top inside aswell as out

Quick Reply: my leather seat restoration *PIC HEAVY*