New parts and overall update!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:24 PM
paveltchour
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New parts and overall update!

Hello,

Haven't posted in a while, so I think I'm due for a necessary update.

I have a carbon fiber hood, but doesn't fit properly so I'm staying stock for now!

Notice the intakes, thanks everyone for your recommendation - I still need to modify the bumper and make brake ducts run to the brakes. That being said, I was able to install them without modifying any of the pieces inside, so it's currently completely reversible. Brofasco also provided me with nice SS allen bolts.

Wheels finally got refinished. They are Kinesis Super Cups. 9.5" front 11.5" rear. No fender modification. Running a 20mm spacer on the back. 255/35/18 front and 295/30/18 rear.

I LOVE IT.

The springs haven't settled fully yet, I just put the wheels on.

I was going to build the center light out of carbon fiber, but I'm working crazy hours lately, so I just put the vinyl back on for now. Looks better than the broken/faded light.

Great door handles, good fitment, solid feel and they finally match the interior! No more fading plastic handles.

The cage took a lot of effort to put in because it was for a 993. In any case, after paying $350 in shipping, I made it fit.

The seats are Sparco Roadsters (discontinued) - low rise buckets, very comfortable for the street. Some of my passengers make a mistake of plunging into them after my warnings (they are pretty hard).

Installation was EASY. Sparco sliders bolt onto the stock positions. I had to modify the mounting brackets by drilling the hole out by 13mm or so (I think), because porsche brackets sit a lot wider than sparco rails.

For the seatbelt I used the rear seat belt, with my old Nissan S13 seatbelt bolts. I didn't even have to order the RS brackets!

The steering wheel is a nardi, I need a proper Nardi button, in the meantime I cut out some sticker from a magazine and stuck it in there... better than seeing wires.

I'm also running a megan steering quick release (only because I had it lying around from my 240sx days).

Last but not least, I ordered all the buttons for the center console (the defrost, and the AC one). After paying $200 and getting genuine porsche parts, I was extremely disappointed. My AC button came with a defrost symbol stuck on it, and my defrost/air circ button was mounted upside down - I had to take it apart, and modify it to make it work.

All in all, the car is progressing nicely. I just need KW coilovers to make it a little lower, fix my carbon hood and paint it and need to figure out how to mount the harness, oh replace the headlight lenses, the cloudiness is killing me - any suggestions?

Cheers!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Try cleaning the lenses with denatured alcohol or iof they are really bad Hydrogen peroxide

Here is a recent thread from another site on the headlight issue

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...90-964-c4.html
Old 05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
paveltchour
Advanced

Originally Posted by Silvertarga
Try cleaning the lenses with denatured alcohol or iof they are really bad Hydrogen peroxide

Here is a recent thread from another site on the headlight issue

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...90-964-c4.html
Thank you! Will try that tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:43 PM
sc
Racer

Wow! I've been following your car and I love what you've done to it. The wheels are awesome! They fill in real well. Would you mind sending me a PM of the parts you've put in ie. door handles etc. and where you sourced them? I'd appreciate it. Keep it up!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:12 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I cant believe tires the same size as my turbo fit on there with a wider rear wheel!
Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 AM
paveltchour
Advanced

Originally Posted by sc
Wow! I've been following your car and I love what you've done to it. The wheels are awesome! They fill in real well. Would you mind sending me a PM of the parts you've put in ie. door handles etc. and where you sourced them? I'd appreciate it. Keep it up!
Door handles are from rennline:

http://www.rennline.com/Rennline-Alu...ductinfo/DH03/

Originally Posted by jimq
I cant believe tires the same size as my turbo fit on there with a wider rear wheel!
Seems to work

I went to the track today, the setup works very well. I was having fun eating a lot of the cars there, and then the new M5 came out and spanked me. In the corners we were about equal (mind you the M5 was stock), but on the straight it wasn't even a competition... I need to learn how to drive better, I should have been faster in the corners! Hopefully will upload the video tomorrow
Old 05-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks great, its subtle but at the same time very aggressive.

Quick Reply: New parts and overall update!