Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawk's friday post

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012 | 11:03 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Default Hawk's friday post

Well, I finally got all the bolts drilled/ground out of the passenger seat brackets, just to find out the alarm I thought was the issue was just because I had the Engine bay lid open when I locked the car, not because of a fault with the alarm system.

So, my last thing on the list is the flywheel sensor. I called Sunset last night, and it's $160ish for parts.... $140 for sensor itself, $6 for the new connector, and $2 or so for some pins you have to use to get the new connector to fit the old harness. Apparently the old part is now superseded by a newer version that requires a new connector.

My buddy Rick is going to stop by tonight with an oscilloscope to see if we can confirm it's the senor before I drop $160 on a part I might not need.

Really want to be back to driving the car. she needs a bath terribly, and needs to have the carbon blown out of the engine

So... what do you have planned for the weekend? The rest of the weekend is spent pulling weeds, from what my wife tells me
Old 05-11-2012 | 11:46 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Hawk - In some ways, I'm hoping the flywheel sensor is your problem. I know its expensive but at least it would be the end of your frustration.

I've been fighting a cold all week. I may take it easy this weekend. If I have the energy, I want to remove the oil lines from my coupe so that I can have the flex lines replaced. The hoses are seeping. On the plus side, I purchased a used roll bar for the coupe from a fellow Rennlister. I'm accumulating my track mods for the car. I have the roll bar and GT3 seats. I just need to get a set of new 5 point harnesses. Once the engine is done, it should be a blast.

The weather is supposed to be wonderful. I wish I had a 964 to drive. My cab is still at the mechanic getting its front diff oil seals replaced and its AC converted to R-134a and the coupe's engine is still apart for its rebuild.
Old 05-11-2012 | 12:01 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck Geoff, I hope it is the sensor and you can get it switched out asap.

As for the weeds - I was given similiar marching orders last weekend!

Last weekend was a busy one. This weekend should be a far more conservative, relaxing affair, hopefully. I need to pull the door panel on the 996 still and attempt to fix the microswitch on the doorlock, allowing my window to stay down the few millimeters after the handle is lifted (a 996 thing), until the door is closed again.
Old 05-11-2012 | 01:26 PM
hawk911
Race Car

I was reading thru a thread, and the guy's symptoms seemed exactly like mine. He ended up replacing the sensor, even after he swore it was good. It fixed his issue.

thread: Reference/flywheel sensor thread
Old 05-11-2012 | 01:30 PM
Laker
Drifting

Daughter's second birthday party on Saturday, guess who is dressing up as a 6 foot Elmo?
(Two fuzzy red thumbs, pointing to self) --> "This guy"

Flying out to San Fran. Monday morning, it's my time of the month.

Quick Reply: Hawk's friday post