November in Alabama???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default November in Alabama???

I was planning to do the Porsche Driving School in Alabama this year, but I found that to do the 4 days course in the same week ( 2 days Performance + 2 days Masters) the only available session yet is in the first week of november
As I donīt really know a question rears in my head: is november too cold to really enjoy the 4 days training?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you'll be fine in Alabama the first week in Nov. Then again I'm from Minnesota, so I might not be the best judge of cold weather.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:56 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, we can let the locals weigh in, but Alabama is near the Gulf of Mexico.. probably going to be pretty warm, or at least temperate in Nov.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Default You could not pick a better time of year!

The first week in november is really good. 40 to 50 fahrenheit in the morning 60 to 70 faherheit in the day. November has some wet days, but they usually blow through in one day. I was at the track last Saturday and you will really enjoy it. They have a good assortment of porsches they provide for you to drive. 911's and caymans, and I think I saw some boxters (?)

Birmingham is an Ok town with some decent restaurants. I live in Montgomery about 100 miles to the south. You will want to visit the Barber Motor sports museum. five floors of first class vintage road and track racing motorcycles from the first to the most recent models. Facitlities are first class in my opinion.

Be thankful your driving school is not june, july or august. we get 100 fahrenheit days with 90% humidity.... you would roast the family jewels
Old 05-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbotwoshoes
The first week in november is really good. 40 to 50 fahrenheit in the morning 60 to 70 faherheit in the day. November has some wet days, but they usually blow through in one day. I was at the track last Saturday and you will really enjoy it. They have a good assortment of porsches they provide for you to drive. 911's and caymans, and I think I saw some boxters (?)

Birmingham is an Ok town with some decent restaurants. I live in Montgomery about 100 miles to the south. You will want to visit the Barber Motor sports museum. five floors of first class vintage road and track racing motorcycles from the first to the most recent models. Facitlities are first class in my opinion.

Be thankful your driving school is not june, july or august. we get 100 fahrenheit days with 90% humidity.... you would roast the family jewels
thanks turbotwoshoes and friends, I will then book that week trainings and enjoy the weather!!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
kboustani
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

i live about 100 miles north of birmingham,i think you will have a great time and the weather should be fine.

Quick Reply: November in Alabama???