Sponsored by:

Turn signal prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 08:48 PM
aj in edm ab
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal prob

Out for a drive last night; signaled for a left turn, made the turn, signal went off automatically when turn complete (as its supposed to). Turned again and now signal light does not go off automatically, I have to turn it off manually. Anyone come across this before? Is there a switch in the steering column that has broken or is it an electrical/fuse issue? Not a big deal, more of an annoyance than anything, just have to remember to turn my signal off after each turn.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey AJ,

There is a tab that is supposed to catch the turn signal as the wheel straightens to shut off the turn signal (all mechanical). Mine broke a few years back and I detailed the replacement here.

Marc
Old 04-25-2012, 12:20 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OR, the entire turn signal assembly can slide backwards on the steering column. If you look below the wheel, there is an opening below in the housing plastic, where there is a 10MM bolt - can be seen in Marc's thread here at post #11

That can be loose and the signal stalks/switches can be too far back. Check to see if it's tight, or if you can slide the assembly towards the wheel any.

Either that or the turn signal switch has worn out.

Quick Reply: Turn signal prob